MJA: The Time Capsule: Leo

This may sound cliche but I truly think that Nicole and Leo are a match made in heaven. Nicole is beautiful, inside and out as a whole person and Leo is this gorgeous dark haired, tall, finely chiseled, model-like human being who basically has his whole life planned out perfectly for him. It's impossible for anyone not to fall for someone like him. 

Leo is a talented playwright and a talented actor. He's been acting in so many plays locally and internationally and after doing it for so long, he finally decided to stay closer to home and helped out other talents in the community. I loved this side of him. He wanted to look for new faces and new talents by starting out his own production company. 

He's been busy with writing and casting hours on end everyday. Eventually, he's finalized a cast and play for his debut. At the same time, he also needed to take time to attend to personal matters in his life. This meant Nicole. After getting to know each other for several months now, he was finally able to propose to her properly because our schedule finally cleared up a bit and a little celebration was held at my house.

Nothing was ever minimal with Nicole. She wanted a proper celebration like a party at the most prestigious place in town. This was only possible after Leo's first play ended after a month of it's debut. When the curtains finally closed, Nicole threw a huge party for Leo and the entire cast and crew members at a private club. She had the entire place shut down just for this event. Leo thought it was a bit much but he could never argue with Nicole.

This party was important to both Leo and Nicole because they wanted to celebrate their engagement as well as Leo's success with the play and production team. As much as I was a little hesitant to attend another over-the-top party hosted by the infamous Nicole Roberts, I couldn't decline this invitation. Leo and Nicole meant too much to me for me to not show up.

I sat at the bar browsing my phone like I always do at parties when suddenly, I realized a man sitting right next to me. I glanced over to see if he was someone I knew. To my surprise, I did recognize him after all. He had nicely combed brown, wavy hair and dressed like he just appeared from a horse race in the late 19th century. I quickly realized he was Victor Keel, Leo's lead actor from his recent play. 

He is one talented actor and he does deserve more recognition in this the industry. I can't help but think that after watching the play several times now, I can hardly tell if he was indeed acting or just being himself. He carried out his character so flawlessly that you'd almost think he is from a different era. 

I quickly looked away before he realized I was staring like a creep. I continued to look at my phone and ignored everything else completely. I wasn't planning on staying that long anyways. Nicole was busy dancing away with Leo while hanging around with some other big names in the theater world, extending her network as she goes. This was Nicole's niche.

Victor: How are you browsing aimlessly at a party like this?

MJ: (turns to look at Victor) Excuse me?

Victor: Oh,forgive me! I didn't realize you were THE Melanie Jayne Anderson! I am so sorry......

MJ: (smiles) It's just Melanie Jayne......erm......there's no need for an apology......

Victor: Please,allow me to start over.....My name is Victor Keel...... (takes Melanie's hand and kisses it)

MJ: I know who you are, Mr. Keel....... (laughs)

Victor: Good heavens! You do?!

MJ: I hope you don't always start conversations like that with random strangers.......(joking)

Victor: I don't.......(slightly annoyed)

MJ: (laughs) I was kidding, Mr. Keel!

Victor looks at me with absolutely no expression at all. He looked unamused. I couldn't tell if this was an act or if he was really not finding my joke funny at all in the slightest bit. As I began to panic and trying to think of what to do to neutralize the situation, Leo and Nicole sat down beside Victor and I.

Leo: I see you've met our leading man,MJ!

Nicole: You guys getting along well?

Victor: (looks at Melanie) Very well, actually........

Leo: You still not partying,MJ? Not even a dance?

MJ: Oh come on! You know it's way passed my bedtime...... (joking) I'm going home..... (smiles)

Nicole: Already? But it's not even 10!

MJ: This isn't my first party, Nicole. (getting up) I'll see you on Monday,ok....

I hugged Nicole and Leo and congratulated them on their engagement. Then, I turned to look at Victor to wish him goodnight.

MJ: It was nice meeting you, Mr. Keel. (puts out a hand for a handshake)

Victor takes my hand and puts it around his arm.

Victor: I'll walk you, Miss Anderson......(looks at Melanie)

Victor walks me out to the main lobby to get my jacket and suddenly, I realized that everything seemed a whole lot quieter. We walked out the door where Jean had been waiting for me in the limo.

MJ: Thank you for walking me out, Mr. Keel......

Victor: The pleasure is all mine. (kisses Melanie's hand) 

MJ: I erm.....I hope I didn't offend you too much tonight, Mr. Keel. I mean, whatever I said tonight..... I was just kidding......

Victor: Oh please.....(smiles) I thought it was rather......amusing.....I must say though.....You seem much......warmer........ when we are away from the noise and the crowd......

MJ: .......I have to go......

Victor: Of course......(opens the car door for Melanie)

I stepped into the car and sat in the backseat.

Victor: Goodnight, Miss Anderson.......

MJ: Goodnight,Mr. Keel.......