MJA: Binary

Mike was still looking through the phone Melanie Jayne had given him. He was getting used to it and he is beginning to like it. It's definitely efficient and fast. Andre was right about Melanie Jayne not wasting her time on unnecessary things. She was always doing things quick and efficient. There was always a way for her to obtain information within no time. Funny how she couldn't figure out her relationship problems with Victor. Maybe relationships aren't as black and white as computers. Maybe that was why she couldn't understand something so simple and yet so complicated at the same time.

Mike turned on his old phone after charging it again for the day and it wasn't even noon. He was considering on letting it go completely at this point. As soon as the phone turned on, a text message came in. It was from Melanie Jayne. It read "Hey ,Michael. I hope you are getting better. I am really sorry about whatever happened the other day. I hope you are not mad at me anymore. I just wanted you to know that a lot is going on right now and if you ever feel like you want to see me at all, I can explain it all to you. For now, I just want you to recover and be safe. Everything else has been taken care of with regards to your hospital bills and transportation home. Please take care of yourself. Love, Melanie Jayne.

Mike was trying to remember what exactly happened that day that made him so angry at her in the first place. Victor couldn't possibly be the reason. Victor could also be the reason. She would always give in to him. He would always find a way to get back into her life and pretend like nothing ever happened. He messed up so badly and yet, she is so forgiving towards him. How could she be that stupid? She was crying so much in the weeks before and then, he just shows up and everything is fine again? I don't need this,he thought. Not from her. 

Just as Mike puts his phone away, there was a knock on the door. It was Andre.

Andre: You ready to go?

Mike had asked Andre to help him get home since he's been released from the hospital. 

Andre: There's erm....a slight change in transportation but I thought it's for the better since I kinda think it's necessary.......

Mike: What's necessary?

As Mike and Andre walked out the main lobby at the hospital, they saw a familiar black limo and Jean was standing by the door.

Jean: Miss Anderson has asked me to assist Andre in getting you home. She was worried about you going up the staircase to your apartment unit.

Mike: What?!

Andre: I think it's a good idea. I can't carry you up the stairs,Capri.......

Mike hesitated but he was fully aware that there was no way he could make it up the stairs without Jean's help. He remembered the night Melanie Jayne and Jean somehow managed to get him all the way up into his apartment that time when he got into a fight with Samuel at the bar. He was barely awake at the time. 

Mike got into the limo while Jean loaded his stuff into the trunk. Andre decided to sit in the passenger's seat next to Jean just to let Mike lie down a little in the back. Mike stared out the window as the car drove away from the hospital. He could hear Andre and Jean talking but he paid no attention to what they were saying. He just wanted to leave the hospital and get some quiet time alone at home.

Jean and Andre helped Mike get his things up to his apartment. 

Jean: Will there be anything else, Mr. Capri?

Mike: Nope. Thank you, Jean.

Jean: Oh, before I forget......(taking out something from his pocket) Miss Anderson has asked me to give you this.......