MJA: Dyed with Love

It was dark and I felt someone holding my hand. It was Mike. He was taking me somewhere. We kept going and eventually we found ourselves by the lake. It was the lake at Nicole's holiday home. The moon was shining over the water and we could see the ripples on the surface of the lake.

MJ: Why are we here?

Mike: You left me in the middle of a dance and they were playing a song I really like.......

We started dancing. Mike pulled me close. I rested my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating but as we danced, his heartbeat began to faint. I looked up at him and he was looking strange.

MJ: Michael! Are you alright?

Mike: I waited for you, Melanie Jayne......I can't feel anything........

Mike began to fall onto the ground and I held him in my arms. He was bleeding.

MJ: Michael! Michael!

Mike: You......left me.....

I woke up screaming and crying. Victor tried to calm me down. He hugged me and tried to wake me up.

Victor: Melanie Jayne! Hey! It's just a dream! Melanie Jayne!

I opened my eyes and looked at Victor. I was crying and had cold sweat.

Victor: It's ok. (hugs Melanie) I'm here. It's just a dream. It's ok. Shh......

I cried and cried as I pressed my face against Victor's chest. Victor held me and kissed my forehead. We laid back onto the bed. He held me and I fell asleep on his chest.

The next morning, Victor got up and panicked because I wasn't in bed. He looked around and found me sitting outside on the balcony looking out into the ocean watching the sun rise. Victor walked out towards me and sat next to me.

Victor: (holds Melanie's hand) Did you sleep last night?

MJ: (smiles at Victor) I did. Thanks for waking me up last night.

Victor: It's the same dream.....isn't it? It was Mike?

MJ: It's just a bad dream. That's all there is to it........ (sniffles)

Victor: It's not the first time, Melanie Jayne.

MJ: I am probably too idle that my thoughts keep playing things from my memory that I wanted so much to suppress......It's just a bad dream......It's nothing but just a bad dream.......

Victor: You know......I didn't want to tell you this earlier because I thought.....You might still be....a bit shaken about everything that's happened.......But erm.......Before Nicole left, I did ask her to go find Mike and bring him back. It's what I promised you I'd do.....before everything erm.....

I looked at Victor and hugged him. I cried. Victor didn't have to do what he did. He didn't have to bring up Mike's name ever again but he did. The nightmares never stopped. For as long as I didn't have closure or certainty, it was never going to end. I wanted so much to believe that Mike really had gone off to a better place and that he was happy. I wanted so much to believe that he was found and buried properly somewhere safe. I just wanted to know if he was ever found.

MJ: I am so sorry about all this, Victor. I really am. Maybe I should go talk to somebody about it.....Get meds or something.....

Victor: (holds Melanie's hand) I don't want you to get meds. I just want you to talk to me. I'm here and I will listen to what ever it is that is bothering you. I may not have all the solutions but I'm here, Melanie Jayne. I want you to talk to me.