MJA: Papà

Reading the text messages between Jean and Mike is weird at first because.......well, Michael is not here but in the conversations with Jean going back and forth, I can almost hear his voice like he is speaking to Jean. I usually won't read private things like this but Jean made it sound like I was supposed to have read the messages. I wonder if he was the one who had all those things in the box that was sent to my room. 

Mike sounded like he really was heartbroken but he never once blamed me for it all. He kept saying that he may have misread the whole situation and acted too quickly. Jean mentioned how I am sometimes not very good with subtleties so whatever hints Mike was trying to project was just not read well. That was very odd. I usually am very good with instincts. He just kept saying that he had nothing to say to me anymore other than sorry but he was going to apologize to me once I was settled with the wedding and all. Jean told him about Victor and Christopher. There was no reason for him not to, considering how everything was fast moving at the time. Victor did not waste any time in getting married.

It was weird how I was actually planning to talk to him after he kicked me out from the hospital room when he was angry at me. I kept apologizing because I just wanted him to know how sorry I really was. I would be lying if I said I didn't love him. I did. He's just not Victor. We didn't have time to get to know each other to really know how I felt about him. That was why I refrained myself from doing anything more than just kissing him. He did take care of me when I was losing my mind and he did save my life. I will never forget him. Jean said that he is at peace now. I should just hold on to that. Michael Capri is finally at peace. I wish I had the chance to tell him that I had already forgiven him long before he apologized. I just wish he didn't go the way he did.

We got up early the next morning for breakfast. I felt like it was a new beginning because I finally got to sleep. I opened my eyes and saw Victor just looking at me.

MJ: What are you doing?

Victor: (smiling) Just watching you sleep. You slept really well last night.

MJ: I did. I think talking to Jean helped a lot.

Victor: I think so. (kisses Melanie) You wanna get some breakfast?

I smiled at Victor and got ready. We went downstairs and realized that we were quite early. Jean and Christopher weren't even at the dining table yet. Victor pulled out a chair for me and sat down. He kept looking at me like it was our first time meeting. 

MJ: Are you alright?

Victor: Yes. Why do you ask?

MJ: You've been looking at me the entire time.....

Victor: Oh, forgive me. I didn't mean to be rude. (joking) You look amazing.......

MJ: Thank you. (laughs)

Lorenzo enters the dining hall with Jean.

Lorenzo: It's nice to hear you laugh, Melanie Jayne....... (sits down at the dining table) Good morning. (looks at Victor and Melanie)

Jean pulls out a chair and sits down. Nicole and Leo arrives with Christopher. It was very strange to have Lorenzo sit with us at breakfast but it seemed like everyone else had been getting to know him already. They were all talking to him like they're friends. Even Christopher was laughing with him. Victor held my hand and tried to help me relax. He knew I was a bit out of place.

Lorenzo kept looking at me like he was expecting me to say something to him.

Lorenzo: You slept well last night? (looks at Melanie)