MJA: Storm Coming

I kept wondering what Mike was feeling at the time he was taken. Was he terrified? Was he in pain? Did he know what was going to happen to him? He must have known that something bad was about to happen at the sight of Samuel. I wondered if he ever knew I was looking for him. He must have known. I've been calling him and texting him. What was the reason he didn't respond? Did he really not want to have anything to do with me anymore? Did he even know that I cared so much for him to not want anything to happen to him? I would give anything to be able to change his fate. We shouldn't have spoken to each other at all at the office lobby that day. He would have still been alive and everything would have been different.

I was at the inventory, picking out all the weapons I intend to use. All the weapons I was so comfortable using. All the weapons I was going to use to kill. Jean stood at the table as he was preparing and servicing the weapons for Victor and himself. He watched me quietly knowing that I was losing my mind. Nicole decided to break the silence because Christopher was taking his nap and things were too quiet for too long.

Nicole: What's your plan, MJ?

MJ: I am going to retrieve Mike. Give him a proper burial. He doesn't deserve this.

Victor: And how do you plan to do that?

MJ: I will track Samuel. (looks at Jean) I know you have information on where the killing took place by now.

Jean: We cannot proceed with that now, Melanie Jayne. We have to stick together. God knows who is on his side at this point in time. 

MJ: I am not planning to take anyone with me.

Victor: Melanie Jayne! You cannot go out there alone!

I ignored Victor and continued packing up my equipment and weapons. I don't plan on having anyone coming along on this mission with me. Mike cannot be left like that. There is no way in hell Samuel would ever bother to give him a proper burial. He couldn't even take him down like a real man. Nicole walked over to me.

Nicole: MJ, stop! You can't do this! We need to look out for each other. If you go out there alone you might.....

MJ: Die? Mike died, Nicole. He died because I didn't go out there looking for him......He died alone because no one was with him. He died because I wasn't there to protect him......

Nicole: You need to stop this right now! What ever happened to him has already happened! There is nothing we can do to change it!

MJ: It's easy for you to say because you didn't kill him! I killed him, Nicole! I was the reason he died!

Victor: And if you do go out there, what will happen then? We would lose you as well? How is that a plan? Huh?

Victor sat me down and sat down beside me. He was trying very hard to make sense because I knew that this isn't something he could do on his own. 

Victor: Please think this through, Melanie Jayne. You always said you needed me.......Right now, I really need you. Please. Do I not matter anymore? (holding Melanie's hand)

I kept quiet. Nicole was right. What ever happened to Mike had already happened. Victor is who I should fight for now. He is all that matters to me right now. I hugged Victor and cried.

Victor: I almost lost you once, please don't go.......Please don't go out there, Melanie Jayne.... (starts to cry) I am so terrified right now. I don't know if I can do this....... I am so scared........

This was not fair on anyone especially to Victor. I could see how all this is making him terrified beyond words and he had been trying to keep it together. This was not the marriage he had planned for. This was not the happy ending he anticipated. This was never in his life plan. Jean walked over to where Victor and I were seated.

Jean: Put this on. (hands kevlar jackets to Victor and Melanie) Your weapons are ready, Mr. Keel.

MJ: (looks at Victor) I should have sent you and Christopher off to someplace safe when I had the chance. I am so sorry, Victor. (kisses Victor) I love you. (hugs Victor)

Victor: I will do this. For you. For Christopher. For Mike. I will do this. If it means that much to you, I will follow you and get Mike and we can give him a proper burial.

Victor wasn't always fond of Mike especially after everything that happened but he knew that all that does not matter anymore. Mike left us in a way no one should have gone. This wasn't supposed to happen to him. I was determined to retrieve him and Victor knew how much pain this has all caused me. The last thing I can do for him is to send him off properly.

Leo was at the computer at the desk. He was looking at the security surveillance and trackers I have set up on the perimeters. Everything seemed quiet.

MJ: I am so sorry......to all of you. I didn't mean for it to come this......I really didn't....... 

Nicole: Oh,stop it, MJ! You know we'll be here for you! Regardless! (hugs Melanie) You take care of her out there! (hugs Victor) You need to come back! Christopher is counting on it!

Jean: Well, it's been a pleasure serving you. All of you. (takes out an SMG) I hope, we'll see each other at the end of this. (looks at Victor) Remember, aim for their necks. You got this.

Victor: (picks up the rifle) I'll keep that in mind. You take care out there too, Jean. (looks at Melanie) I love you so much. (hugs Melanie) I'll try my best to cover you.

MJ: I know you will. (kisses Victor)

Leo: Just stick to the plan and you'll be good. Keep the lines clear. I'll be watching you!

Sometimes, in order to achieve something, we have to do the unthinkable. In this case, we wanted peace and we cannot get that without a war. What began as just a bad party invitation is  turning out to be a bloodbath. Samuel has started something that cannot be avoided and now, he has stuck his dirty, bloody hands into territories he shouldn't have. He wanted to play with the lives of the people I hold dear to my heart and so I shall make him pay. I want to make him suffer till he catches his very last breath. I will not let him have it quick and painless.