MJA: Forever

Victor used to spend his time at Melanie Jayne's mansion. It was the only place for them to be together without having any interruption. During spring, Victor would spend time in the garden in the acres of land which Melanie Jayne calls her backyard. The flowers would bloom and the colors were vivid like the Monet paintings you'd see at the museum. One of his favourite things to do was to have nice picnics under a huge willow tree by the water stream. He would lay his head onto Melanie Jayne's lap and reads excerpts from his favourite books. Sometimes, he'd change his voice tones, pretending to be different characters and Melanie Jayne would laugh because he sounded ridiculous. He loved watching her laugh and he'd sometimes ask her to feed him because he says that his hands are full from holding the book.

When the sun goes down, Victor would cuddle by the fireplace with Melanie Jayne. They'd exchange stories about how the world should be. Victor always insists that modernity has ruined a lot of things. People have lost their decorum when it came to social ethics and he hated it so much. Sometimes, Melanie Jayne would argue just to watch him get annoyed. She knew that he was right and she loved him for that. She loved him so much. She wanted things to always be this way. He wanted so much to be the one she would run to no matter what her day was like. He'd kiss her whenever she was saying something and she would forget what she was saying. 

Melanie Jayne will always remember the day he proposed to her. They had just finished dinner and he told her to meet him by the fireplace because he had a surprise for her. That was very unlike him. Victor had always been known to just tell her what he had in mind. If he wanted to give her something, he would always have it ready with him. That night was different. Victor was quieter than usual during dinner. Melanie Jayne thought it might have been something she had said that may have upset him. She was joking about men always feel like they don't need to express how they feel because it's very masculine. Maybe he didn't find it funny just like her other jokes which were rather stupid now that she thinks about it. Victor walked up to Melanie Jayne who was staring at the woodfire burning and crackling. He had a serious look. She was preparing herself for an argument but as he got closer, he gently took her hand and kissed it. He kissed her forehead and told her how much he loved her. She was confused and nervous at the same time. It was a very odd sensation. Then, he knelt down on one knee while holding her hand. She knew what he was doing. She just couldn't believe it was happening. He took out a ring from his pocket and slid it onto her finger.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole was at the hospital discussing with the doctors about Melanie Jayne's condition. Jean was sitting on the bench in the hallway outside Melanie Jayne's room and Mike was sitting on a chair next to Melanie Jayne's bed. He had fallen asleep with his head on the bed while holding on to Melanie Jayne's hand. While trying to get her to wake up in the past week, he resorted to playing the song on his phone every now and then. The song they danced to by the lake the night of Nicole's party. The night he kissed her and she kissed him back.

Mike felt something moving. It was as though something was holding his hand. Melanie Jayne was gripping his hand, trying to wake him up. He opened his eyes and saw Melanie Jayne looking at him.

MJ: (whispers) Michael........

Mike got up and hugged Melanie Jayne. He cried and kissed her.

Mike: (hugging Melanie) Oh God! (crying) I thought I lost you..........I thought I lost you.......You scared me, Melanie Jayne! Oh God! I thought I lost you!

MJ: (smiles) Are you crying, Michael Capri? (wipes tears from Mike's face)

Jean rushed in to see what all the commotion was about. He saw Melanie Jayne smiling at him and he cried.

Jean: Miss Anderson!

Melanie Jayne held her arms up to hug Jean. Nicole entered the room with the doctors to check on Melanie Jayne. She screamed to see her awake. Then, she cried as she hugged Melanie Jayne. Mike took out his phone and sent a text message to Victor. He knew that Victor would be so relieved to know that Melanie Jayne had woken up.