MJA: Hurt

Changes are something I need because I feel like I have been doing the same thing over and over for the longest time. I try to change up my routine from time to time but some things just cannot be avoided or skipped because it has been ingrained into my life. I tend to be a creature of habit with certain things. I don't intend to instill my habits into other people's lives and I don't expect them to understand why I do them. I just do.

There are certain things I prefer doing over others like going running over hiking or doing Tai Chi instead of Yoga in the mornings. It's just preference. I have always been waking up early even before Christopher came into my life. I just like to do certain things alone in the morning before the world is awake and by the time everyone else is awake, I can be ready for them. I feel like I can think better and I can plan better that way.

Christopher had been living with me for almost a month now and he is so used to his routine that he wakes up very early almost every morning now. Sometimes, he's already up even before I could head to the gym. One morning, he decided to join me outside in the yard. I had an extra mat out for him and he and I did our morning Tai Chi routine together. He is so little but he caught on pretty fast so after a couple of times of trying, he was able to do the moves properly. 

We showered after Tai Chi and got ready for breakfast. We sat at the dining table just laughing about how the poses we did were sometimes not perfect but we winged it anyway. Victor joined in shortly. He kissed me and sat down.

Victor: You guys seem to be having fun. What are we laughing about?

Christopher: We did Tai Chi today, daddy.......

Victor: Tai Chi?

Christopher: Yeah.....out in the yard..... It's so much fun. You should join us!

Victor: Maybe I will. (looks at Melanie and whispers) That's kinda like Yoga, right?

MJ: Kinda. But not really.....

Christopher: But you gotta get up early, daddy. We have to be out here in time for the sunrise.

Victor: I will. I'll do it tomorrow....... (winks at Melanie and whispers) You gotta wake me up, ok! So, we're walking in the backyard later?

MJ: Actually, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go see a school.

Victor: A school?

MJ: For Christopher. It's just for viewing. We have an appointment...... 

Victor: Which school are we talking about now?

Christopher: The one with a huge playground and a swimming pool and a gym......

MJ: I told you about it a couple of days ago..... remember?

Victor: Oh yeah. Ok. Let's go see your school!

------------------------------------------------------------

Jean drove us to the school we wanted to see for Christopher. We drove into the compound and there was a huge gate with proper security and all.

Victor: (whispers to Melanie) This looks expensive!

MJ: Wait till you see their facilities........

The entire school looked like it was a chateau from the 1700s with a huge compound and the main entrance had a proper drop-off and pick-up area where Jean dropped us off. As we entered the main building, we were greeted by a security guard who scanned us before letting us enter. We had to leave any phones and electronic devices at the security deposit box because we weren't allowed to bring any of it into the school compound.