MJA: Live, Love, Lie

Victor never had an easy life growing up. He grew up in a farm and he had to work ever since he was a little boy. He was an only child and by the time he turned 16, his father sold off their family farm to a development company because they needed to make sure he had money for school. He had a passion for acting but he knew that he could never earn a decent living by doing just that so he worked really hard in school to earn a scholarship that could land him a spot in a good acting school. Things went well for Victor throughout his acting school years. Everything was looking up until one day,his father died. Victor was alone and to make himself feel less lonely, he spent most of his time in libraries where he discovered a passion for books. He loved reading books that could take his mind away from his real life and into a perfect world where people were never alone. People were happy. People had love.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mike was keeping me company in the hospital because everyone else had important things to attend to. Jean was outside,standing guard as he usually would.

Mike: I always told them that you're like a nut........(laughs)

MJ: Excuse me? Did you just call me a nut?! (laughs)

Mike: Well, you're not just any nut. You are a tough nut......Ya know.....A tough nut to crack?

MJ: And here I thought my jokes were lame........

Mike: It's a compliment!

MJ: Fine. Whatever you say, Michael! I'm a tough nut! (laughs)

Mike: You are my tough nut! (kisses Melanie Jayne) I love you, Melanie Jayne......

MJ: I love you too, Paperboy.......

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Jean peaked in and told us that Victor arrived and he's waiting outside. Mike went to the door and called him in.

Mike: I'm just gonna go get some coffee........I'll be right back......

Victor: Alright......(shuts the door)

Victor looked at me. He pulled up a chair and sat next to me. He looked like he was nervous about something. 

Victor: It's uh.......it's good to see you again, Melanie Jayne......

Victor stared at me like he was going to cry. 

MJ: Well......I'm not dead.......(smiles)

Victor: Oh please don't say that, Melanie Jayne! 

Victor moved closer and sat next to me on the bed and hugged me. He hugged me like he wasn't going to let go. I could smell his cologne. It was so familiar. It was the scent I had curated for him from one of the business trips I went to years ago. I gave it to him as a gift for our first year together. It was HIS scent. He wore it every time we went out on dates. He wore it whenever he knew we were going to be somewhere alone. He wore it whenever he was with me. I was shocked. I wanted to push him away. I wanted to scream at him for all the pain he's put me through. I wanted to hit him for lying to me all these years but then, I felt his body trembling. He was crying.

Victor: (crying) I am so sorry for everything, Melanie Jayne..........Please forgive me.......I never meant to hurt you.......I never wanted to hurt you.......

I kept still. I couldn't think of anything to say to him that could undo anything at this point. I just cried. It wasn't fair for him to do this. He can't just apologize and make everything like it was before. It doesn't work that way. He was still holding me and I pat him on the back trying to console him. That was the first time I ever saw him cry. I realized then that I had already forgiven him at some point. He was sorry and he meant it.

Mike returned and knocked the door. Victor let me go and tried to wipe his face as he stood up. He cleared his throat and straightened his shirt. Mike entered the room and Victor stood up.

Mike: Hey, you're in luck! They have tea! (hands Victor a cup of tea) 

Victor: Thank you, Michael......

Mike looks at me wiping my tears, trying to stop crying.

Mike: Sorry.....I could uh.....just wait outside.......

Victor: That won't be necessary. I was already leaving. Thanks for the tea.......

Victor smiled at me and walked out. Mike looked at me and sat on the bed next to me.

Mike: You ok?

MJ: (sniffles) Yeah......(hugs Mike)

Mike: (kisses Melanie's forehead) You....wanna talk about it?.......

MJ: No. I'm good. (smiles at Mike) I need to get out of here........(tries to get up)

Mike: Hey......(helps Melanie get up) You gotta take it easy......Your shoulder is still pretty bad....

MJ: I can't stay here.......I need to go home.......

Mike slowly sits me back down on the bed. I started to cry. I couldn't stay another day in that room. Everything was driving me crazy.

Mike: Melanie Jayne.......you gotta take it easy........(hugs Melanie)

MJ: (continues to cry)

Mike: Look......you wanna go take a walk outside?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike had been with me at the hospital all week and I was already going insane. I cannot imagine what all this is doing to him. He managed to get me on a wheelchair and walked me around the hospital just for a change of environment. 

MJ: I'm sorry that I ruined your week..........

Mike: You didn't ruin anything. And don't apologize.......you're my......

MJ: I know. I just hate being so still and idle like this. I can't imagine what it's doing to you......

Mike: I like being here with you, Melanie Jayne. I especially love listening to you talk........I miss listening to your voice. We were only having one-way conversations all this while. This is nice.....

MJ: Anything happened while I was erm.......out......??

Mike: Not a lot happened......I mean, Nicole is still trying to get Samuel to rot and possibly die in prison......And erm......Jean and I had to come clean about your party at Samuel's house when you were 16.........

MJ: What?! Why would you do that?!

Jean: (walking close behind) Because Nicole asked me to do so......She took my sunglasses......

MJ: (raises an eyebrow) So much for keeping my secrets......

Mike: Hey, since we're talking......I thought I might ask you about that housewarming gift you sent me.......

MJ: What about it?

Mike: Why did you do that?

MJ: Do what? Sent you a gift?

Mike: Bought me a house. Why did you buy me a house?

MJ: Well, it's not like you would have wanted a new phone....even though it's cracked.......You weren't a digital tablet person.......I would have gotten you a car if I could confirm you could drive a car.......but ya know......

Mike: It's a house,Melanie Jayne! Do you know how much that costs?

MJ: Yeah, coz I bought it.......Look, I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me. I'm sorry that you don't like it......

Mike stopped the wheelchair and knelt down before me. He caressed my face and kissed me.

Mike: I love it. Thank you. You didn't have to but thank you.....