MJA: Nicole's Party

I picked out some clothes for Mike from our recent collection because he was too excited for the party that he couldn't decide what to wear. We both got ready at the office because by the time we were done with work, it was already time to leave for the event. I had Jean drive us to Nicole's holiday country home.

MJ: You look really excited...... (laughs at Mike)

Mike: Of course I am! It's like.....prom for the rich and famous!

MJ: Prom?

We arrived and as usual, Nicole's holiday home was lit up like it was Gatsby's party in the 1920's. I looked at Mike and smiled. This was the first time I ever saw him really excited about anything.

Jean dropped us off at the main entrance and we made our way into the main compound. Mike was in awe of everything he saw like he was a child in a toy store.

Mike: This place looks like a millionaire's resort!

MJ: Ok, tiger! (adjusting Mike's shirt) I'm gonna be hanging around the pool area. Whatever you do, do NOT fall in........

Mike: Yes, ma'am.

MJ: Seriously, just have fun and be safe.........oh, and easy on the booze!

Mike: But it's a party! (disappearing into the crowd)

 I didn't realize that Nicole had snuck up behind me as I watched Mike head towards the mainstage on the other side of the pool.

Nicole: Did you just nag at him? He's not a kid,Melanie Jayne!

MJ: I didn't nag.......I just don't want him to get into any trouble like he did at the bar the other night.....

Nicole: The bar? You were at a bar? With him?! Melanie Jayne! You of all people don't even drink! What the hell were you doing at a bar?! With HIM?!

MJ: It's.....a long story......I just want him to be safe......

Just as I said that, Leo comes by and points at the stage.

Leo: Your boyfriend? (pointing at Mike on stage)

MJ: He's not my......what is he doing on stage?.........

It turns out that Mike happened to know a band member from one of the bands playing at the party that night. Mike grabbed the microphone and took centerstage.

Mike: Hey everybody! I'm Paperboy....and I have a song ......dedicated to the lovely......(points at Melanie) Melanie Jayne Anderson......This one's for you..... (winks at Melanie)

I felt instantly numb and I could feel my face flush with embarrassment. I could feel everybody watching me as Mike started singing. Was he drunk already? He took off barely minutes ago.

Leo: He's a really good singer!

I just smiled at Leo and watched Mike performing on stage. He had his eyes locked on me the whole time. There was nothing I could do to have stopped him or get the situation under control. What was he thinking?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike ended his singing performance with a bang. The crowd went wild. He took a bow and decided to dive into the crowd below and they loved him. He had everybody parading and celebrating him. I could see how happy he was. Everyone cheered for him and passed him around on the wave of people. He was ecstatic.

I let him have his fun as I waited for him at the bar area by the poolside. After a few minutes, he finally came around and sat beside me. His face was all flushed as he smiled at me.