Victor Keel: Hindsight

From the very first day I laid eyes on Melanie Jayne, I knew that I wanted her in my life. Something about her made me feel like I was home. Her eyes, her blue eyes were all that I wanted to look at all the time. When we first spoke to one another, I felt like I may have come across a little too strong that I may have frightened her a little. She was a little cautious with her words at first but as we got to know each other a little more I learned that she is very articulate with her feelings. I was having difficulties projecting my feelings as I didn't want to push her away. I was also trying not to hasten her into anything because I was afraid if she was going to just leave. I was mistaken and I realized that when I was being too forbearing, she did not fully understand what was happening. By the time I was about to move things up to speed, we were interrupted by other people. We were pulled away from each other so much that I almost lost her completely. 

I was fully aware of what was happening and I was also aware that I was not the one responsible for all of the mess and chaos that occured between us. The moment we allowed other people to step into what was rightfully ours, things begin to break. I knew then that if I didn't step up and fought for what was rightfully mine, I could have potentially lost her and all that we have worked for so dearly. I could never get angry at her. I could never put the blame on her with regards to everything that took place. She was too frail at the time and it was all my fault. It is easy to see how desirable and vulnerable she is when she is without me. I was not about to lose her to someone she barely knew let alone someone who could never give her the love and attention she deserves. 

I have never fought for anything in my life the way I fought for her. She may not see it but I will never give up on her no matter how demanding a situation becomes, I will do anything to keep her with me and I will not let anything or anyone come between us ever again.