MJA: Family Portrait

That sense of belonging somewhere is everywhere, it seems. All we ever want is to belong somewhere. A place called home. Or....a person.....whatever it may be......Sometimes, I find the strangest places I consider home. My house had always been home. And then, for a little while, Mike's apartment was my home. Sometimes, my office is my home. Whenever we are on location or on site, wherever I was would be home. I am unsure if I am getting tired of calling places my home or I just need something more real to call home but I do find so much comfort when I am with Victor and Christopher and Jean. Nicole and Leo too. I can be anywhere in this world but having them, all of them, with me makes it home.

The discussion about a defense strategy and firearms with Jean turned out to be a little more extensive than I expected. Jean is very enthusiastic when talking about the kind of firearms he carries with him and what he recommends.  He was also explaining about why certain weapons are best for certain time and place. He was showing Victor pictures of rifles he recommends Victor practise with.

MJ: I never knew you were that much into rifles, Victor. Is that like a "men" thing?

Jean and Victor turned to look at me like I said something wrong.

MJ: What did I say?

Victor: The rifle is not just a shoulder level firearm for hunting, Melanie Jayne. It's accuracy depends on the one who is using it. Depending on the type of rifle you have and the bullets in it....

MJ: Victor,stop. I get it. I was just kidding.

Victor: Sorry....I was getting carried away,wasn't I?

MJ: I actually like your enthusiasm. You used to be like that about acting and your books......It's just that......guns......

Victor: Rifles.

MJ: It's just.....new.....

Victor: Melanie Jayne, I am not about to let you put your life in danger for this family alone.....

MJ: Oh......

Victor: Oh.....I erm.... In my mind, we were already..... sorry.....

MJ: Maybe we are...... Just not formally.....officially......

Victor: Do you still have it? The ring I gave you........

I nodded and pulled out the necklace I had around my neck. The ring Victor gave me was hanging on a silver chain.

Victor: May I? (helps Melanie take the necklace off) 

Victor took the ring off the chain and slid it onto my finger. Then, he kissed me.

Victor: We should make this official.

MJ: Now? Right here? 

Just then, Christopher woke up crying. He had a bad dream so I rushed over to him to calm him down. Victor sat down on the couch next to me.

Victor: Do you have that wedding dress you were designing already?

MJ: Wedding dress?

Victor: Uh....the other day....when you found me in the library.....I found your scrapbook......and I saw the erm.....wedding dresses you were designing........

MJ: Oh, those were just sketches......It's nothing.......

Victor: I like them. Especially the one with our initials and a heart. 

MJ: (blushes) Oh......really?

I cannot believe he found my scrapbook! He didn't even say anything about it when I saw him in the library! This is so embarrassing!