MJA: Live,Love,Lie (continuation)

Nicole is this young woman with light blonde hair and light blue eyes. She's the sweetest angel when she's talking to you. Whatever you do, just don't get on her bad side. She takes work very seriously and the legal arena is her playground. She could easily get journalists sued for the littlest mistakes and for someone like Samuel, she is not about to let him slip without a maximum sentence. Nicole never knew Samuel personally. He was a senior in the school she and I went to. He was notorious for getting away with just about anything because his father could easily pay off anybody to cover anything up. I happened to be the wrong person he chose to be the special guest at his party that day. His parties were usually for the entire neighbourhood but I wasn't aware that I was invited to a private party that day.

------------------------------------------------------------

Days have gone by and before I knew it, I was able to go home and continue my physical therapy at home. That was a relief. I was beginning to lose my mind and so was Jean. Home was much safer on so many levels because ever since the engagement party, I decided to upgrade the security with jammers and sensor activated alarms completed with lockdown systems. Nicole hired more security for the perimeter but no one is given access into the compound.

One morning, Nicole came over to talk to me. She said it was important and she needed to get it out of the way before moving forward with the rest of the plan regarding work. The strangest thing was the fact that she insisted that she could only start the meeting once Victor arrived. Victor doesn't work for us. 

Nicole: I need you to really stay focused, MJ. 

MJ: I'm all ears.......

Victor arrived and all of us sat in the common area downstairs.

Nicole: Look, I don't know if you remember what we last spoke about at the office before you decided to run off and then got kidnapped.......

MJ: I am seriously over this,guys........

Nicole: Shut up. Let me finish! (looks at Victor) I erm......I made a terrible mistake. (looks at Melanie) I.....was the one who invited Sharon into the house that night at your engagement party......

MJ: Why the hell did you do that?!

Nicole: She was Victor's wife! I just thought she should know what the hell was going on!

MJ: Oh and it never made sense to you to tell me that you were married! (looks at Victor)

Victor: I was in the middle of getting a divorce! If anyone bothered to talk to me!

MJ: (annoyed)Bothered to talk......I can't do this anymore!

Victor: I couldn't go with you on that private island trip because.......I was meeting the lawyers and I couldn't move the schedule around anymore. I'm sorry,Melanie Jayne! 

Victor walked over to where I was seated and got on his knees and held my hand.

Victor: I would have wanted so much to go with you on that trip.......

MJ: (crying) Why the hell didn't you ever say you were married? I dunno (sniffles) like maybe when we're making out you could just say (playful tone) "Oh by the way....I'm actually married......"

Victor: What? (confused)

MJ: I really have nothing more to say....just leave. Both of you. Please get out of my house!

Victor got up and glared at Nicole. For the first time ever, she was actually terrified of him.

Victor: This was all your fault, Nicole! If you had just stayed out of everything I have ever worked for! Are you happy now?! Thank you so much for breaking everything I have worked so hard for! And just for the record, Sharon was blackmailing me! She was a psycho I wish I had never met! I have been trying to get away from her for quite sometime now and thanks to you, she found me! She has my son and now, I'm probably never going to be able to see him ever again because of you!

Victor broke down in tears. I hugged him and tried to calm him down. He looked at me and smiled.

Victor: I love you,Melanie Jayne. I always have and I always will. (kisses Melanie's forehead) I love you so much........

Victor got up and walked out. I just sat there wondering what just happened and Nicole started crying and ran out the door. Shortly after she had gone out, Mike walks in.

Mike: Hey, is everything ok?

Mike noticed that I was upset from crying over something.

Mike: (wipes tears from Melanie's face) Hey.....(Mike sat on the floor holding onto Melanie's hand) What happened?

MJ: I don't know.........(starts crying again) I should have just died! Maybe it would have been easier for everyone!

Mike: You take that back,Melanie Jayne! (stands up) How could you say that?! After everything we have all gone through, how could you say that?! We waited for you to wake up! Everyday! We prayed and hoped that you would wake up! How could you say that?!

Mike knelt down before me. 

Mike: When I was stuck in that tank, I saw you fighting someone who was beating you senseless. I felt so helpless but I saw you.....You kept coming for me. You kept trying to get me out. You kept fighting. (starts to cry) He was beating the crap out of you,Melanie Jayne but you fought him. Just like you did when you were 16......Jean said you were a fighter and he hasn't been able to forgive himself for what happened to you back then...... (sniffles) I heard your conversation by the way.......I'm sorry for what happened between you and Victor and Nicole........Just because shit happened and you can't resolve it, you don't just wish you could just die. This is life, Melanie Jayne! Shit happens! And when they do, we face it! Head on! We don't just sit back and wish we were dead! That's just weak! YOU are not weak!

I had nothing to say to everything Mike said. I was losing my mind over problems I cannot solve and even if I tried, I knew that there was no actual solution that could put an end to all the pain that has already taken effect.

MJ: (hugs Mike) I'm sorry, Michael......

Mike: You're my boss, Melanie Jayne. You don't have to apologize. I'm sorry that I yelled at you. I love you. (kisses Melanie) I love you, whatever you plan to do, I love you. Don't ever wish you were dead. I love you. (hugs Melanie)