MJA: Letting Go

I opened my eyes and found myself sitting at the booth at the diner Mike and I used to hangout at. It was very strange. I cannot remember how I got there. I looked around and everything looked the same. The waitress who usually serves us was working her rounds. Out of nowhere, Mike rushes in and sits down on the seat opposite me.

Mike: Sorry I'm late.......

I was in so much shock that I didn't know what to reply.

Mike: You having coffee?

MJ: (starts to cry) How did I get here?

Mike: (smiles) You've always been here, Melanie Jayne.

MJ: I thought you......

Mike: I did.....but this is where I'll always be......

I cried. I didn't know what to say. 

Mike: You need to take a deep breath and just let it all go. (takes Melanie's hand) You're gonna be fine.

MJ: I am so sorry......I tried to...... I should have tried harder......I should have......

Mike: I know you did. You did great. 

MJ: What......what do I do now?.......

Mike: I have to go.......

MJ: Michael! Wait!

Mike got up and walked away. As he was exiting the diner, he looked over his shoulder and smiled at me. The door shut and the bell chimed.

I opened my eyes and found myself gasping for air. I was lying on a huge white bed. I tried to sit up and looked around. I was somewhere unfamiliar. The room was huge and there were furnitures that were white and gold in color everywhere I looked. This was not my bedroom. As I stepped onto the floor, I realized that it was cold and white. It was all marble. The room was so bright and there was a huge glass door opening into a huge balcony. There were sheer white laced curtains blowing into the room. I walked out into the balcony and saw a vast, blue ocean stretching far into the horizon. I could smell the ocean from the balcony and it made me feel refreshed and awake.

Suddenly, the bedroom door opened and Christopher rushed in.

Christopher: Mommy's awake! (hugs Melanie)

MJ: Hey! (hugs Christopher)

Victor walks in and hugs me.

Victor: I am so glad to see you awake! (kisses Melanie) How are you feeling?

MJ: I'm.... fine.....

Victor was wearing a white linen short sleeved shirt and some linen pants like the ones people usually would wear when they go on holidays at the beach. It was very unlike him to dress in such clothing.

MJ: What are you wearing?.......

Victor: Whatever that's given to me.

MJ: Where are we? Where is Jean?

Victor sat me down on the bed and sat beside me while holding my hand.

Victor: You've been unconscious for about 3 weeks now, Melanie Jayne. I was so worried if you weren't going to wake up.

I caressed Victor's face and realized that he had scars and cuts on his face.

MJ: What happened to you?

Victor: The explosion. Don't you remember? Samuel detonated a bomb as you were about to.......erm.....

MJ: Where are we now?