MJA:Cartier

Mike and I were at our usual spot at the old diner, having snacks and coffee while working.

MJ: (looks at Mike) What are you looking at so intensely?

Mike: (squinting at the photos printed from the news media pages) I am trying to place the people and their movements from your party......You got a notebook and a pen?

I handed over my tablet and digital pen to Mike.

Mike: I meant like.....paper......and an actual pen......

MJ: (confused) Who carries those anymore?

The waitress approached our table with coffee refills.

Waitress: I do. (hands Mike some paper and a pen)

Mike: Thank you.

Waitress: (smiles at Mike) And here are your coffee refills..... (pouring coffee into our empty cups) It's so nice to see you two working like this everyday......(walks away)

Mike blushes and looks at me.

Mike: You don't think she thinks we're.......

MJ: Working. We're working. So, what have you got?

Mike: Right.....Well, I thought it would be easier for us to track everyone by dividing this into time and place. And then, over here....we'll tag the names of your guests......

MJ: Cool. I'll list down the guest names.....(starts writing on her digital tablet)

After about an hour of listing and tagging, we realized that the scope was too wide to just be listed down the way we were doing it.

Mike: We're gonna need a much bigger paper. I don't think some of these photos are from your party.

Mike passes some of the photos over to me to check.

MJ: These are from....a charity event Victor and I conducted several weeks prior to our engagement party.......

Mike: Let me guess.......it was a private event as well?

MJ: Well, there's a private guest list for the event......

Mike: We're gonna be needing that guest list as well now.

I sighed. We've been at this for weeks and nothing seemed to make sense. We decided to pack up our things and headed back to office and continue working there before anyone realizes we've been gone too long.

Mike: Erm.....Melanie Jayne, I should probably remind you that there's a photoshoot happening today at about 3pm later?

MJ: A photoshoot?

Mike: It's the erm.....collection with the.....erm.....pinkish....yellowish......tones......

MJ: (checking her phone) Nicole is in this shoot.....

 Mike: She always is. And Jessie too......and there's this new guy.....

MJ: New guy?! What's his name? Has he done his fittings?

Mike: Melanie Jayne, relax. Andre's done it. (taking out his phone) I'll call him right now to reconfirm.......

MJ: (checks the time) I have about an hour and.......30 minutes...... (starts running)

Mike: Hey! Wait up! (starts running after Melanie Jayne)