Clara?

I stayed in that room for another week. In the psych ward for another. It was all so familiar to me. I stayed in the same room, and had the same people watching me. Talked to Fury. Got an earfull and some love from Tony and Pepper, but after that, everyone just kept an eye on me. I even caught Bruce watching me in the lab like I was a fragile doll that was already cracked and could break at anytime-which, I suppose, is true. A couple days ago, fresh out the psych ward, I had a terrible breakdown. I told Tony that I needed to back to the psych ward, since I was definitely not doing any better. My brother understood and I went back to my room in the psych ward That's where I was now. Lying on the grayish colored bed, starring at the ceiling. My hair was a mess, but I really didn't care about that. I didn't really leave my room, no matter how much the nurses thought I should. I liked how quite my room was; it calmed me.

Fury would come in sometimes and all I did was ask him questions and he answered them. He would sit in a chair as I laid on the bed, staring at the all white ceiling. He told me how word was going around SHIELD about me attempted suicide. Practically everyone knew about it. I asked about how his day was, the news, and how was Steve doing. I had found out in the hospital that Rogers was called out for a mission as I was brought into the medical ward of this base and that he was to be coming back today.

How was going to explain all this to Steve? Oh hey sooooo I sometimes have this that makes me want to kill myself. Thats why you found me almost dead in a tub full of blood/water. So movie? Yeah that probably won't work well. I was still way colder than usual and I would also have to tell him about that. And I don't think I could drop two bombshells in one night.

I exhaled and continued to study the blank canvas that was the ceiling. I imagined that they were blue, clear skies with not a single could in sight. The kind of sky you don't get in the city. The skies I dreamed about were the ones I used to see when I hung out these two brothers...I could always get away for a while, if Tony let me. I could go hang out with those brothers and escape everything. But, running away from my problems wouldn't solve them. They would delay them, yeah, but they would still be there, waiting for me. And besides, I couldn't run forever.

I shut my eyes. Eventually I would have to face Steve. Which, in hindsight, is the best choice. I probably scared the shit out of him, by you know, trying to kill myself. I sighed once more. It pained me that he had to witness me like that. Yet, he went through a war. Rogers should be used to blood, but yet again, I was the only person he was close to in this entire world. I meant something to him and he meant something to me. I haven't gotten this close to anybody since Jace. I mean, I had boyfriends, but I didn't lo-like them as much as I did Steve or Jace. When Jace betrayed me, it made it very difficult for me to get as I close as I was with to anyone else, but with Steve, it was so easy to fall for the "Star Spangled Man with a Plan!"

I opened my eyes and sat up in the bed. I could hear the distand sounds of someone, or some people running down the various halls of the base, as well as shouting. I stood up as the footsteps became closer and closer, until they stopped. There was murmured voices outside my door. I narrowed my eyes at the barrier between the people outside my door and me. My heart was beating loudly, so loud that it was the only thing I heard. I tried to call myself down and it managed to calm down somewhat. There was a rap on my door and before I can do anything, the door swung open. I didn't move as Steve followed by one of my usual nurses walked in.

"Captain Rogers, you cannot rush in here like that." The woman spoke. Steve's eyes inspect me. I looked at my nurse.

"Anne, it's fine. You can leave now." I tell her and she looked at the Captain, then back to me. She would not budge.

"You are not supposed to be alone with a visitor, Miss Stark." Anne says and continues to stand there. I stare at Steve, knowing that there must be a million thoughts going through his head and I am a part of practically every one of them. He was dressed in a darker version of his suit and his face was sweaty and was dirty from the mission. He must've ran out the jet as soon as it landed.

"Hey Rogers." I say softly. My eyes look into his. He steps forward and stand still. Steve is silent, completely silent other than his breathing. His eyes fell back on to my arms. I looked down at them aswell. My arms were still bandaged from my breakdown. The white bandages wrapped around my arm and went up to my elbow. My eyes went up to his and he looked up as well.

"Clara. . ." He finally says, "What happened?" I didn't know how to respond to that. How the Hell was I supposed to respond to that? I opened my mouth and closed it, looking away from him. "Clara?''