Christmas Tree

Few Weeks Later

"You sure you don't need help Steve?" I asked as he walked into his apartment, a Christmas tree on his shoulder. He shook his head and I put the stand on the floor. He lowered the tree into the stand and I held it up as he tightened the screws into the tree. Once he was finished we both stepped back, admiring the green tree.

"It smells amazing." I grin and he smiles, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Yes it does." He murmurs to me.

Steve and I have been back together for a month now and I've been staying with him at his apartment in New York. Tony wasn't too keen on us being back together and neither was Clint or Natasha, and they all made sure to yell at Steve,making sure to tell him if he was to say anything like that again that he was a dead man. Steve promised that he wouldn't and I believed him. We've been spending so much time together now that we live together and it's actually been very nice.

"You sure it isn't too early for a tree?" I ask, looking up at him. He shrugged.

"It's only the sixth of December. Just nineteen days away." He says and presses a kiss to my temple. I move out of his arms and walk over to a small speaker I have and connect my phone to it, scrolling through the music and until I found a certain song.

I really can't stay
But, baby, it's cold outside
I got to go way
But baby, it's cold outside

I look over to Steve, a smile on my face as the music starts to play. He laughs as I walk over to him, holding out my hand, "Will you give the pleasure of dancing with you?" I ask.

This evening's has been
Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice

"Of course I will ma'am. But I must warn you I've never danced before." He grinned and me and took my hand.

I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry
Beautiful, what's your hurry
And father will be pacing the floor
Listen to the fireplace roar

"Well then, Captain, I'll teach you." I grinned back. I put one of his hands on my hip and the other I held in my hand. Our hands were slightly raised as I began to guide him back and forth.

So I'd better scurry
Beautiful, please don't hurry
Maybe just a half a drink more
Put some records on while I pour

We slowly moved side to side and I caught him looking at his feet. I chuckle and raise his chin, looking up at him. "You are doing great so far, Steve."

The neighbors might think
Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink
No cabs to be had out there

"I just don't want to step on your feet." He spoke and smiled at his cuteness.

"It's fine if you do. I wouldn't mind.' I respond and we continued to sway in the middle of the living room.

I wish I knew how
Your eyes are like starlight now
To break the spell
I'll take your hand, your hair looks swell

He pressed a kiss to my lips softly before managing to dip me. I laugh and he smiles, pulling me back into my arms. I kiss him back, my arms wrapping around his neck. His other hand moves to rest on my other hip and he looks down into my eyes.

I ought to say no, no, no, sir
Mind if I move in closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried
What's the sense of hurting my pride

Steve presses his lips against my forehead, and pulls me closer. I smile and shut my eyes as we rock back and forth.

I really can't stay
Baby don't hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside
I simply must go
But, baby, it's cold outside

I open my eyes and look up at Steve. His eyes are closed and there's a smile on his face. I lean up and press a kiss to his jaw. His eyes open and he looks down at me, flashing his teeth at me.

The answer is no
But, baby, it's cold outside
This welcome has been
How lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm
Look out the window at that storm

"I could get used to this, Clara." He says and I laugh.

"Dancing? We can dance anytime, Rogers." I smirked and now it's his turn to laugh.

My sister will be suspicious
Gosh, your lips look delicious
My brother will be there at the door
Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is visious
Eww, your lips are delicious

"Well I could get used to dancing, but that's not what I meant. I meant being like...this." He says and blushes, looking down for a moment before looking back up at me.

Well maybe just a cigarette more
Never such a blizzard before
I've got to get home
But, baby, you'll freeze out there
See ya, say, lend me a comb
It's up to your knees out there

"It's nothing to blush about, Steve. I love being like this," I murmur to him softly, "I love being with you."

"And I love you." He murmurs back and he didn't realize what he said until it was too late. My mouth fell open in shock.

You've really been grand
I thrill when you touch my hand
But don't you see
How can you do this thing to me

"Y-You love me?" I ask and I stopped swaying. He looks down at me worriedly and nods, sighing softly. Steve dropped his hands that were resting on my hips.

"Yeah. Look Clara I-"

"I love you too, Steve." I blurt out and look up at him. His worried expression disappears and a smile slowly appears on his face. Steve leaned down and captured my lips with his.

There's bound to be talk tomorrow
Making my life long sorrow
At least there will plenty implied
If you caught pnuemonia and died

His hands moved to rest on the small of my back and my arms wrapped themselves a bit tighter around his neck. I kissed him back passionately and he returned it.

I really can't stay
Get over that old out

When we pulled away, both of us out of breath as he rested his forehead against mine. I grinned at him, pulling him close. "I love you, Captain."

"I love you too, Agent." He grinned back just as the music got louder near the end.

Ahh but it's cold outside

A/N: I'M SORRY IT SUCKS.