Arguememts and a Death

After maybe ten or fifteen minutes after Steve left, we had almost finished up looking for the Tesseract. Tony was sitting one the counter, Bruce and I next to him when we found something.

"I didn't see that when I was going through files."I murmur. Tony looked at me.

"What is Fury up to? And you are a terrible agent, Clara."He says and I shrug. Then Fury walks in soon after.

"What are you doing Stark, Agent Clara?"He asks.

"Kind of been wondering the same thing about you."Tony says.

"You are supposed to be locating the Tesseract."Fury says.

"We are. The model's locked and we are sweeping for the signature now."I say, looking at Nick.

"When we get a hit, we will have the location in half a mile."Bruce says pointing the the map.

"You'll get your cube back. No muss, no fuss."I say looking at the screen in front of me, which Tony turns around so Fury can see.

"What is Phase Two?"Tony asks. Steve comes in a drops a huge ass gun on the table.

"Phase Two is SHIELD using the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me."Steve says.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. That does not mean -"Fury says walking over to Steve, but Tony cuts him off.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?"Tony says turning another screen around with what looks like to be a missile on it.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit."Steve says s Tasha and Thor walk in.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asks her.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this  environment, Doctor?"She asks. Bruce chuckles.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."He says as Nat walks towards him. I move away from them, all a bit as I cough into my palm. I pull it away from my mouth to see blood, and I quickly wipe it on my pants.

"Loki is manipulating you."Natasha continues.

"And you been doing what exactly?"Bruce asks.

"You didn't come because I batted my eyelashes at you."

"And I'm not leaving because you are getting  little bit jumpy. What I want to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to make weapons of mass destruction."Bruce says pointing to the screen.

"Because of him."Fury says pointing to Thor and I.

 "Me?"He asks.

"Last year, Earth has a vistor from another planet, who had a grudge match the leveled a small town. We learn not only that we are not alone, but that we are hopelessly, hilariously, out gunned."Fury says.

" My people want nothing but peace with your planet."Thor says.

"But your not the only people out there, are you? The world is filling up with people that can't be matched, can't be controled."Fury asks

 "Like you control the cube?"Steve asks.

"Your work with the Cube is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. Its a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."Thor says angrily.

"A higher form?"Steve asks.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with a-"Tony cuts Fury off.