Red Hand

"Stand down, Ice." Pierce said and Ice lowered her frost covered hands as Natasha handed the gun to another member of the Council, who pressed it against against Pierce's back. Natasha went over to her once friend and pulled the gun out of Ice's thigh holster, handing it to the other Council member who pressed it against the back of Ice's hair covered head. Natasha then went behind the glass and started to mess with the computer there. Pierce turned to Ice and tapped his shoulder twice. The woman nodded, understanding what Pierce wanted her to do.

"What are you doing?" The man who was holding the gun to Ice's head asked. Ice's glowing eyes were on Natasha. The cold woman pressed her hand to the bleeding wound, but the crimson liquid still soaked her white dress. Since the focus wasn't on her, Ice dug her fingers into the wound. She bit on her lip to quiet the screams that wanted to escape her mouth as she grabbed a hold of the bullet and pulled it out, holding it in her palm.

"She's disabling security protocols and dumping secrets onto the Internet." Pierce says, looking at Ice then to Natasha. He knew that with these secrets, the files on what Hydra did to Clara Stark would be there for everyone in the world to see.

"Including Hydra's." Natasha responded, continuing to Type, not looking up at Pierce.

"And SHIELD's...If you do this, none of your past will remain hidden. Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you how you really are?" Pierce asked as he walked closer to Natasha. She looked up at him and smirked.

"Are you?" She retorted before going back to work. Pierce shrugged and looked back at Ice. The woman's eyes were still trained on Natasha, her younger woman's guard still up. Pierce looked at her and Ice moved her hand from her shoulder and opened her palm, showing the the bullet. She quickly covered the bullet hole back with her hand, not even applying pressure.

"She was going to die today. The Soldier was going to put a bullet inbetween her eyes. We have no use of her anymore. They thought we didn't notice what they were doing in the shower room. I'm sure the Captain will get a kick out of his old friend and his girlfriend screwing, but I doubt he or you will be alive by the end of the day. So this will be our little secret, Romanoff, but if you do manage to make it out of her alive with her, which I don't think you will, she will never be the same. That's not the Clara Stark you knew a year ago and I'm going to make sure she dies today." He smirks when Natasha stops, her eyes looking at Ice before going back to work. Pierce looks at the glass screen infront of her, seeing what she is doing. "...Disabling the encryption is an executive order. Takes two alpha level members." He tells Natasha, who just looks at him.

"Don't worry, company is coming." She says as a helicopter lands in a helipad near them. Ice turns, a hand still gripping her shoulder, to see Nick Fury walking out of the helicopter and making his way inside. She was surprised to see him alive, because she thought for sure the Asset has killed him. A few minutes later, he walks through the doors and into the room. His eye lands on Pierce and then Ice. Fury's look softens slightly when he sees his old agent.

"Did you get my flowers? I'm glad you're here Nick." Pierce tells him as the supposedly dead man glares at him.

"Really? Because I thought you had me killed." Nick responded as he walked closer to Pierce.

"You know how the game works." Pierce retorted.

"Why make me the head of SHIELD?" Fury asked. Ice moved to lean agaisnt the wall, struggling to keep herself up. She was starting to get dizzy and light-headed. The Council member pressed the gun against her temple. Pierce could tell from where he was standing that she was getting extremely weak from the blood loss.

"Because you are the best and the most ruthless person I've ever met." Pierce responded, his hands on his belt as he looks at Fury.

"I did what I did to protect you." The one eyed man replied. Both Natasha and Ice's eyes were on the two men, as well as the remaining Council members.

"Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder. War. It's just a matter of time that a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow or an EMP fries Chicago. Diplomacy? Holding action, band aid. And you know where I learned that. Bogatan. You don't ask you just what had to be done. I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people. By sacrificing the lives of twenty million. It's the next step, Nick, if you have the courage to take it." Pierce says and as he finished, Fury grabs his arm and walks him over to the glass wall. Ice took a wobbly step forward, wanting to protect her boss, but was pushed back by the Council member guarding her. She glared at him as pain of her shoulder hitting the wall made her grunt.

"No, I have the courage not to." He says softly as Natasha continues to tap away. Fury turns the man next to him towards the glass and Natasha aims her gun at Alexander Pierce's head. Ice really wanted to protect her boss, but she was way too weak to do anything.

"Retinal scanner access." The computer says and Pierce laughs, turning towards the man dress in all black.

"You don't think we wiped your clearance from the system?" The Hydra agent smirked.

"I know you erased my password. Probably deleted my retinal scan, but if you want to stay ahead of me, Mr. Secretary," Fury looks at the man as he flips his eyepatch up, revealing his scarred eye, "You need to keep both eyes open." Fury let the computer scan his eye and Pierce did the same.

"Alpha level confirmed. Encryption code accepted. Safeguards removed." The computer spoke. Pierce looked at Fury, then turned to look at Ice. Her glowing blue eyes were dimming and her skin was becoming more pale. The front of her dress was mostly soaked in blood as she let it pore out of her. It was amazing she hasn't passed out yet.

"Were you surprised to see her?" Pierce asks, motioning towards Clara. Fury's eye looked at the bleeding Ice. Her short dark hair made her look so much more like Tony. Her half shut blue eyes turned to look at him and they chilled him to the bone. "She doesn't know who she used to be. She's freshly wiped too."

"Why'd you bring her into this?" Natasha asks, her gun still pointed at Pierce's head. He shrugged and turned to look at Fury again. Ice's body started to sway, black spots covering her vision.

"The three of us all know that Clara Stark was a ticking time bomb. After that stunt she pulled in New York at that compound, we all knew what she can really do with those powers of hers. That's why I brought her into this." Pierce responds simply, smirking as he hears Ice's body hit the floor. Natasha's head turns to look at her fallen old friend. Ice's pale hand was now a bright red and in her palm was the bullet that was once embedded in her shoulder.