Its So Cold

There was a change in Clara's health. It was gradually getting worse, and as much as Bruce and Tony tried, the was no cure to be found in a day.  So Fury, Hill, Clint, and Natasha as well as Rhodey came to Stark Towers.

As soon as the four SHIELD agents as well as James Rhodes walked into the lab, and saw the almost blue Clara, with Tony, Pepper, Steve, and Bruce around the young woman, they couldn't believe their eyes.

"What happened to her?"Natasha asked, her eyes focused on Clara.

"We found a serum and for a while it worked, but it. . .it just made what was happening come back."Tony says and runs a hand through his hair. Everyone in the room felt sorry for genius billionaire playboy philanthropist. It was his sister that was dying.

"I'm sorry, Stark."Hill says and Tony nods. Natasha nodded a hello to Steve who was sitting on a chair next to the bed.

"Will she. . .will she make it?"Clint asks.  Everyone is quiet, the only sound is everyone's breathing and the machines barely keeping Clara alive.

"We haven't found a cure and her-Clara's body is freezing too fast. Right now it has slowed down, but who knows for how long." Bruce tells them.

Tears are rolling down Pepper's eyes, and some threaten to spill from Hill, Romanoff, and Barton's eyes as well as Rhodey's. Both Tony and Steve's eyes are red and are on Clara's body. Even Director Fury, looks hurt as his one good eye looks at the young agent.

They all stay there for two hours, softly talking and watching her body. Its around two or three when there is change- and finally for good.

At exactly 3:12 p.m, the machines keeping her alive, went haywire, ice covering them. Clara's eyes, which are now a striking blue, open. Her eyelashes had frost on the tips. Everyone held their breath, not believing that she is alive. She took a deep breath, and slowly breathed it out.

". . .Clara?"Tony asks, walking toward his sister. She sat up, looking at her brother.

"Tony?"She says softly, "What happened? Why is it so cold?" Clara asks, looking at her hands, her finger tips blue.

"Hey, hey, you're fine."Tony says sitting on the edge of her bed, smiling softly. Her eyes widen and she grabs her chest, yelping out in pain, falling back against the bed. Tony smile fades as Bruce rushes to help Clara. Tony searches for her pulse on her wrist and its faint.

"Clara. . .Clara!"Tony yells as his sister looks at him one last time.

"Its. . .so cold."She murmurs. Steve stands up and looks at her.

"Clara, come on, please."He says, tears threatening to fall. Her eyes flutter shut and her body stills.