Did I Step On Your Moment?

The van was almost completely silent. Ice was freshly wiped as was the Soldier. Her blue eyes were empty as she slid a small pistol into the thigh holster. Ice smoothed out her white dress that was wearing, covering the thigh holster. Her brown hair was freshly cut and styled into a bob. She was going to be with Pierce as his body guard while the Soldier did the other dirty work. The Asset didn't look at her as she stood once the van had stopped. She didn't look at him as she walked out of the doors as soon as they opened. Neither of them knew what had happened between them.

Ice met with Pierce and a few others, walking next to her boss. Her glowing eyes looked at everything and everyone in the area they were in. Her scarred and pale hands were at her sides as she held her head high. Various agents would stop when they saw her, because who wouldn't recognize Clara Stark? Pierce knew that she was going to be recognized easily, but he wanted to show the world what the woman had become before her death. By the end of the day, everyone that Clara had once knew would be dead just like her.

"And how was your flight?" Pierce asked the other woman in the group. Ice looked at the older woman out of the corner of her eye.

"Lovely. The ride from airport less so." The woman next to Pierce responded.

"Sadly SHIELD can't control everything." Pierce says, making the man to left of Ice scoff.

"Including Captain America." The man says, but Ice's boss ignores him. The group stops infront of an agent holding a small case open. Pierce takes the case from the agent.

"This facility is biometrically controlled. These will give you unrestricted access." He says, making sure everyone gets one but Ice and himself. The man who made the Captain America comment looks at Clara, his eyes widening as everyone puts on their pins.

"Is that Clara Stark? She's supposed to be dead." The man says and Pierce looks at him, glaring at the taller man.

"As is Captain America." Pierce responds before continuing to walk. They get into an elevator and few minutes later they are all in Pierce's office. They all picked of glass flutes filled with champagne, we'll everyone except for Ice.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth. Some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. But finally we are here and the would should be grateful." Pierce says as he raised his glass, toasting. As he took a sip of the golden liquid, a familiar voice was heard on the intercom.

"Attention all SHIELD agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. And I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader." Once Captain Rogers had said this, various people in the room looked at Pierce and Ice, "The STRIKE and Insight crew are Hydra as well. We don't know how many more. We know they are in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and turned Clara Stark into their lap dog, and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone who stands in there way. Unless we stop them. And I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I am the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Once Rogers ended his speech, the Council looked at Pierce and Ice.

"You smug son of a bitch." The older man who had made the comment on Clara said as more agents came into the room. Ice moved to stand closer to Pierce, frost covering her hands. The dark skin colored men looked to one of the agents.

"Arrest him." The man told the agent, but the agent simply pulled out his gun, aiming it at the dark skin colored man.

"I guess I got the floor." Pierce says. Ice's eyes are glowing as she looks at the Council members. "Ice, watch them. If anyone of them move, I want their blood frozen." Ice nods at the command, raising her hands. Pierce moved to the window, watching one of the Helicarriers shoot at a man that was flying.

"Let me ask you a question," Pierce starts, walking back to the Council and grabbing a flute of champagne, "What if Pakistan marching into Mumbai tomorrow? And you knew they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution." Pierce hands the glass to the other man, "And you can just stop it with a flick of a switch, would you? Would you all?"

"Not if it was your switch." The man says before throwing the glass. Pierce smiles as one of the agents hands him a gun. He aims it at the man's forehead and just before he's about to shoot it, the only other woman in the room kicks the man with her hands, sending the man to the ground. She twists Pierce's arm and grabs the gun at him, shooting Ice in the shoulder before taking down the other agents. The top part Ice's white dress soon becomes drenched in her blood. Within seconds, the woman had the gun aimed at Pierce. Ice gripped her bloody shoulder, glaring at the woman. They all watched as she touched her temple and her face flickered as if it was a machine.

"I'm sorry," The woman distorted voice said as she took off the mask type thing off her face, followed by the wig, "Did I step on your moment?" Natasha Romanoff asked, looking at Pierce and Ice. "I'm sorry that I shot you, Clara."