Sarcastic AIs and the Mandarin (Iron Man 3)

I wanted to put this up on Christmas, but oh well.

-

Few Days Before Christmas

"Tony, what the hell is going on?" I ask quietly, not wanting to wake up Steve who is sleeping in the next room, "And don't say nothing. I saw it on the news" My brother sighs. I play with the bottom of Steve's shirt that I slipped on.

"Clara, I got it under control-"

"You are a God damned liar, Anthony. I saw it on the news." I snapped at him, glancing at the still sleeping Steve through the open door before walking into the kitchen. "And what's going on with you?"

"I-I'm fine-"

"Tony, stop fucking lying. What's going on?" I asked, my voice growing louder. I had seen the attacks on the news. The Mandarin had bombed the Chinese Theater and Happy was injured. And on top of that, both Rhodey and Pepper told me that Tony isn't sleeping at all, which, of course, worried me. He sighed once more.

"Sh-Fuck. Fine. Come out here. Please." He says into the phone and that's when I know it's bad, because Tony Stark never says please.

"Alright. Give me a few hours and I'll be out there, okay. Don't send the jet, I need to fly anyway." I tell him, running a hand through my hair.

"Thanks, Clara. And leave your Golden Retriever in New York." Tony jokes and I roll my eyes.

"I'll see you in a bit. Bye Tony." I respond back just as a very shirtless Steve walks into the living room, smiling at me.

"Bye sis." He replied and ended the call. I put my phone on the counter and walk over to Steve. He meets me half way and pulls me close, his arms wrapping my waist.

"I was wondering where my shirt went." He murmurs, kissing my forehead. I sigh and look up at him. His eyebrows knit together as he sees my expression, "What's wrong, doll?"

"I have to fly to Malibu in an hour or so. Tony needs my help with some stuff." I murmur back, wrapping arms around his neck. Steve raises an eyebrow.

"Serious stuff?" He asks and I look away for a moment, bitting my lip. "Clara?"

"Yeah, it's serious. Nothing Tony and I can't handle. I'll be fine. We'll be fine. I just-I got to help Tony out. He needs it." I tell Steve and his blue eyes fill with worry. "Trust me, Steve. We can handle it. I'll be back before Christmas, which we will be celebrating together. I promise." I smile to him and he sighs.

"You sure?" He asks, staring into my eyes. I pull him closer.

"Absolutely not. But we're Starks. We can figure it out, I'm sure of it." That makes Steve chuckle and he kisses me softly.

-

An hour or two later, I land outside the Malibu mansion and I quickly make my way inside, brushing off my tight SHIELD outfit as I go. I swing open the door and walk inside, my boots tapping against the ground.

"Anthony Edward Stark, where are you?" I call out, shutting the door behind me. While I was in the air, I learned via Rhodey that Tony had threatened the Mandarin and that was now being broadcasted all over the world.

"Hello Miss Stark. Mister Stark is down in his lab." Jarvis informs me and and I sigh.

"Thank you, J." I respond and make my way down the stairs and into the lab. "Anthony, couldn't you wait to threaten a terrorist until I got here?" I ask and my brother keeps his eyes focused on the hologram infront of him. I walk to where he is sitting, standing next to him.