Merry Christmas

It was the day before Christmas Eve and Clara was walking around the tower, wandering for the hell of it. Her footsteps didn't make a noise and any noise that she did make was muffled by the fuzzy grey socks she wore. She kind of hoped, at this moment, that she had made her footsteps heavier.

Clara had heard the soft noises and she had to find out who exactly was making those noises. Snooping was a Stark thing, but right now Clara was wishing that she was more like her mom. Her mom Maria wouldn't have continued snooping. No Maria would've walked away as soon as she heard those noises. Sadly, Clara was more like Howard.

And Clara knew how angry Howard would be at what Clara was looking at.

In front of her was the man she loved and in front of the man she loved was a blonde. The blonde was on her knees and Steve's hand was holding onto her hair as the blonde moved her head. His head was tilted backwards, his mouth hanging open and those noises were spilling from it. Clara knew exactly who was on their knees in front of Steve. She had known the girl since she was a kid.

Sharon fucking Carter.

Part of her wanted to grab Sharon by her blonde hair and slam her pretty face into the wall repeatedly. Another part of her wanted to grab Steve and freeze his blood. Clara wanted to make her presence known, but her heart hurt too much. She hurt too much. So Clara did something that her mother had done countless times. Clara turned on her fuzzy socks and silently walked away. Tears rolled down her face as she heard Steve cry out Sharon's name.

-

Christmas Eve

Clara had slept in her bed last night alone. She told Steve that she had a migraine and she needed to be alone. When he kissed her forehead, she wanted to claw his eyes out. She had woken up with a migraine from all the crying she had done last night. It took all that crying for Clara to remind herself who the fuck she is. And suddenly she was glad that her brother was throwing a huge Christmas party tonight.

Clara did what she always did when she had been cheated on and she had some event to She put on a tight expensive dress and a pair of heels that made any man or woman fall to their knees in front of her. This time Clara went with a red dress. Red was the color of love. The color of passion. The color of lust.

The color of anger. The color of blood.

The heels were her favorite red bottoms. Heels too expensive that she wouldn't jam their sharp heel through Sharon and Steve's eyes. The jewels around her neck and on her ears were so expensive that any money that Sharon and Steve made in their lives put together would still never be able to afford it. Red lipstick that was the same shade that Aunt Peggy always wore donned her lips. She also told JARVIS to start playing a very certain song as soon as the elevator doors opened.

"Baby put your arms around me
Tell me I'm a problem"

And it was like that, Clara walked into the party. Within a second, everyone's eyes were on her. Clara Stark, in that moment, was epitome of sexiness and class. Her famous smirk was already on her face. Everyone suddenly remembered what Clara Stark was as Beyoncé sang sultrily through the speakers.

A sex symbol.

And Steve realized this when he turned away from his conversation with Sam, Natasha, and Sharon to look at his girlfriend. Clara didn't walk over to their group. No instead, she walked over to Tony and started talking to him and Rhodey.

"Steve, Nat asked you a question." Sharon spoke while lightly touching his arm. This had Nat narrowing her eyes at the other woman's hand before looking at both Steve and Sharon before then looking at Clara.

"You know what it wasn't an important question. Will you guys just excuse me?" Natasha gave Steve a glare before she walked away to go talk to Clara. Steve swallowed hard. Did she know that he had snuck into Sharon's room last night? She couldn't have...right?

-

"You amazing tonight, Clara." Rhodey told her with a smile. Clara grinned and took a sip of her red wine.

"You don't look so bad yourself Rhodey." She responded before looking around the room. Her blue eyes landed on Steve, Sharon, and Sam. Sharon was wearing a white dress with matching white shoes with a soft nude lipstick. Clara almost wanted to roll her eyes. Tony was about to say something but Natasha cut him off.

"Hey can I borrow Clara for second? Great." The Russian spoke before pulling Clara away from the group. Nat pulled her blonde friend near the Christmas tree, far from keen ears before she asked, "What's going on in between you and Steve?"

Clara took a sip of the red wine before nonchalantly saying, "I caught him and Sharon in a very compromising position. His dick was in her mouth. They don't know that I saw them." Natasha's eyes widened and her blood started to boil. The red head wanted to kick her friend's ass.

"I'll kill them for you. I'll even be nice and hide the bodies." Natasha responded, which made Clara smile, but the blonde shook her head.

"I want them to-" Clara started, but the music stopped and suddenly Steve's voice was over the microphone.

"Hi everyone, I'm Steve and-Uh-Can Clara please come here?" He asked and Clara's eyes widened as a spotlight was shone on her. She looked for Natasha for some sort of answer to this as she let her feet carry her over to Steve. The crowd parted for her and soon she was in front of the man she loved. She hated how her heart sped up when she studied him. She hated that she thought he looked so handsome in his navy blue suit.

"Clara, it's been a really difficult year for the both of us and I-I meant to do this last Christmas, but I never got to." He smiled at her and slowly sunk to one knee reaching into his coat pocket. A small gasp left Clara's mouth when she realized what has happened. He looked up at her as he pulled out a small velvet box. Her heart stopped beating so fast as he opened the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. The room was silent.

"Clara Juliette Stark, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" Steve asked, looking up at her, his blue eyes full of hope. Clara's blood boiled. If he had asked her before she had saw him with Sharon, she would have definitely said yes. Clara looked up for a moment and a few feet from Steve was Sharon. And Sharon was glaring at Clara. So Clara did something that shocked everyone in the room.

Clara stepped away from Steve and then she said simply, "No." A sharp gasp filled the room and Steve looked confused.

"C-Clara?" He stammered out as he slowly rose from one knee. The heiress shook her head. She would've been more polite about it and she was going to be, but then Sharon touched Steve's back as to console him. That's when Clara saw red. "Why-Why not, Clara?" He asked and that's when the Stark in her fully came out.

"Well I would've married you in a heartbeat. Then I saw you with Sharon and I decided that you weren't worth the time and effort." Clara smirked as the color left Steve's face, "I thought Captain America wouldn't cheat on me, but it looks like I was wrong."

"Clara, look it wasn't like-"

"Wasn't like what? Your dick was in her mouth, Steven." Clara glared at him, "Peggy would be so disappointed in both of you" She snapped. That's when Sharon stepped out from behind Steve and moved forward towards Clara. And that's when Clara threw her full wine glass at both Steve and Sharon, drenching them both. Clara set her wine glass aside and turned on her heel. "Merry Christmas everyone!" She yelled as she walked back to the elevator and let the doors close behind her.