The Cold Darkness

Sorry it took a while!

Around two weeks later, I was still doing fine, amazing infact. Steve and I were still going strong. We are always together (when I am not working at Stark Industries). I was getting ready for another date when I heard arguing outside my room.

"You honestly think she cares?"I hear Tony yell.

"Really Stark?"I hear Steve say loudly back.

"She's a Stark too, grandpa."My brother yells and my anger flares. I swing my door open and I storm outside.

"Stop it!"I yell, but they ignore me. Then I feel something change inside of me and suddenly I am way too cold. I start to feel dizzy, yet Steve and my brother don't seem to notice. Its when I fall, then they notice me.

"Clara!"Tony yells. I'm paralyzed as a layer of frost covers my body. With a great amount of effort, I murmur "C-cold."

They look at each other, then Steve picks me up, ignoring the pain of frostbite as the frost starts to cover him as well.

"Jarvis, warm up the lab and get Bruce!"Tony yells. Steve carries me and Tony runs after us into the elevator. Before the doors close, I drift into the cold darkness.

-3RD Person P.O.V-

"Tony, look!"Steve says. The soldier starts to get worried. Tony eyes flicker to his unconscious sister.

"Fuck!"He shouts and grabs his sister's face. He watches as her lips turn blue and her skins turns the color of snow. "Come on Clara! Wake up!"He shouts as the elevator doors open again.

Bruce looks up as Steve and Tony run in. Bruce shows the Steve what looks like to be a huge incubator. He puts her inside of it but the frost soon spreads and covers the whole machine. Bruce takes her tempature and his eyes widen.

"What is it?"Tony asks. Bruce looks at him.

"Its impossible for anyone to be still alive and that cold. Tony, I'm sorry, but I don't think she's going to live. The incubator isn't even helping her."Bruce tells him. Tony shakes his head. Everything was moving too fast for him. She was fine an hour ago and now she's dying.

"Rogers, go get the team together. They probably want to say their goodbyes."Tony says, his voice even and hard. Tony walks out the room and back into the elevator. He bangs his hands against the wall. Tears were running down his face as memories came back.

-Flashback-

The day was June 18, 1986 and was Tony was 16.  Of course, he didn't come with a drop a hat when his parents called, but when his mother begged for him to be there for his little sister's birth, he had some free time.

He waited in the waiting room for two hours, absolutely bored after flirting with all of the attractive nurses. When his father finally came out of the room and called Anthony in.

Tony wasn't really intrested but he came for his mom and thats when he saw his mother, Maria holding a little blond baby girl with brown eyes. The child looked like Howard alot so she wasn't the product of an affair.

"Tony this is Clara Juliette Stark, your new little sister."His mother says as Tony walks next to the bed. His new littke sister looks up at her and Tony swears she smiles. His mother hands him Clara to hold and when he does, he grins at her. Thats when he knew they were going to be close.

End of Flashback

His little sister was dying now and he couldn't do anything. Of course he still has Pepper and Rhodey, but this was his little sister, his flesh and blood. Really all he has left, and she's freezing to death.

And here he was crying over her, instead of being there. But of course this is Tony and even though he thinks he's so tough, but in reality, he's just a broken brother crying over his broken sister.

A/N-I know, I know. Sucky chapter and its going to fast.

-Pey