The Whole World Knows

The woman walked into her boss's office, carrying a large stack of files. She tossed them on to his desk and the crossed her arms over her chest. The boss looked up and then to the files. He picked up the first one that had CLASSIFIED stamped on it with red ink.

"I did my research on her, and I found many intresting things on her, sir." She says, sitting down across from him. He read through the first one and his eyes widen. Then he smirks and looks at her, starting to laugh.

"This... this is great!" He claps his hands together and then points at her, "You came through, but what would help if-"

"A selected number of files have been sent to different newspapers and magazines. We're going to ruin her and then, then we'll break her." The woman responds, crossing her legs. The man across from her grinned even wider.

"I knew there was a reason I picked you out all those dumbasses." He exclaims and looks at the next file. "This is amazing." The woman smirked at him.

"Thank you, sir." She spoke, very happy that her boss was finally happy with her. The man's attention was on the files in front of them.

"Poor, poor, Clara. Look what you made us do." He mutters as he looks at a picture of her that's attached to a file. The man picks it up and looks at it in his hand. He then conjures a flame in his hand and the picture catches fire. "Now you are going to burn."

-
-
-
Few Days Later

Clara and Steve were walking back towards the towards the tower after having lunch. They were holding hands as the grew nearer and nearer to the tower. Clara leaned her head against his shoulder.

"That was a great lunch." Steve told her as the crossed the street to walk to the tower, "How did you..." He doesn't finish his question as he sees a large crowd of people with signs around Stark Tower. He nudged Clara and pointed at all the people. She lifted her head and took off the sunglasses that were shielding her face.

"What the Hell?" She asked and started walking faster Stark Tower. Steve followed, hot in her heels as she stood in front of the crowd. They were yelling and chanting various things. Now that she was up close, she could what the signs said. Steve stood next to her and started to read the signs: CLARA STARK: BABY KILLER, ABORTION IS MURDER!, SHE SAVES LIVES BUT STILL KILLS, and finally BABY MURDERER!

The crowd soon noticed that Clara Stark was there and turned on her. They started to scream and yell in her and Steve's face. Clara grabbed the Captain's hand and pushed through the crowd. She looked down, away from the angry gaze of the crowd and tried to block out everything. She was dangerously close to breaking down. A security guard inside opened the door for the two Avengers, ushering them in, and locked the glass door behind the two.

"Miss Stark, you brother told me that as soon as I see you, to send you to your brother's living area." The security guard told them and the woman nodded. She let go of Steve's hand and walked into the elevator. Leaning against the wall, she shut her eyes. The elevator started to bring up the many floors of the tower, JARVIS telling it where to go.

"What was that?" Steve inquire, his hand motioning to outside of the elevator door. Clara didn't respond. She kept her eyes shut as thought about what the Hell happened. The door soon opened and Clara opened her eyes, walking out onto the main level of the living area in the Tower.

"What the Hell is happening down there?" She asks. Tony and Pepper both look at her. Tony crosses his arms over his chest, looking at her with anger in his eyes. Steve awkwardly follows behind her.

"I don't know Clara, why don't you tell me." He sneered and Pepper looked away. "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" He asks, walking towards her. All the color drained from her face. Tony grabs a handful of magazines and newspapers and throw them at Clara's feet. The papers flutter and go everywhere The younger sibling look down at the first one and sees a mostly blocked out copy of a familiar file.

"You were pregnant?" Steve asked, standing a bit behind her. Clara leaned down and picked up the paper. Her eyes study the article, which lies and said that she got knocked up and aborted the child. She desperately tried not to cry in front of them.

"Why didn't you tell us, Clara?" Pepper asked, sounding disappointed. Clara looks up, anger burning in her eyes.

"I didn't tell you because when I was pregnant I was in the middle of no where. There was no way I could call and tell you the happy news." She spits, her words full of venom. She walks towards the bar and away from her brother, Steve, and Pepper. "And I didn't know. When I did, it was way too late." She ranted, grabbing a glass.

"What the Hell are you talking about?" Tony snaps. Anger builds up inside of Clara and she grabs the glass and throws it on the ground. The shards fly everywhere, making Pepper jump.

"I was fucking raped, Anthony! I was fucking raped by Jace and I got pregnant! When I found out I was pregnant, I also found out that I miscarried." She barks,
tears running down her face. The room grows silent. Everyone was too shocked by the new information. She turns around, looking out the large window wall. Steve watched her as she lifted a hand and gently placed it against the glass. Frost soon covered the window, springing out from her hand. The room grew colder as Clara tried to control her powers, breathing in and out. "No one was supposed to know." Her voice trembled as she looked down, "And now the whole world knows."

"That asshole." Tony growled, running a hand through his hair, "He is going to pa-"

"It's not your fight, Tony. It's mine." Clara says, strengthening her voice. She turned around, her tears slowly drying. "And I think it's time I paid him a visit."