Part Three: The Line In Between

Clara was silent was she slipped on her new navy blue suit. She quickly pulled it on, the light shining on the Avengers 'A' on her right shoulder. Her hair was already pulled back in a tight braid, only a few hairs stuck out. She zipped her suit up to her liking before slipping on her boots, strapping them on tightly. Clara slipped on her fingerless gloves as she walked out of her room and towards where the Quinn Jet was waiting.

Her first mission back was going to be helping with taking down a Hydra base with the rest of the Avengers. Everyone was to be watching her closely and everyone had something on them just in case they had to take Clara down. It was a precaution that everyone wish they wouldn't have to have. Clara ignored it as much as she could as she walked onto the jet.

"Clara, you're in luck when we land. It snowed recently." Clint told her with a grin as he moved to sit in the pilot's seat. Clara smiled, the smile becoming even bigger when Thor came aboard.

"Lady Clara! How I've missed you!" His voice boomed and he wrapped his arms around her, lifting her up.

"I missed you too, big guy. Are we goin' to fly with Birdbrain or with the birds today?" Clara asked as Thor put her down. He raised Mjolnir ever so slightly, tossing it in the air before catching it.

"Hey!" Clint calls from the front, causing Thor to laugh his booming laugh. Tony shook his head as he and Bruce walked onto the plane.

"You two should save your energy. You'll get to fly today, kid, don't worry." Tony responded, shaking his head, "Bruce, tell them I'm right."

"Well you aren't wrong-"

"I'm not wrong, so I'm right." Tony said with a grin and Clara rolled her eyes. It was at that time Natasha decided to walk on board.

"You're never right, Tony." She smirked, walking past the small group as she took her seat next to Clint, putting on a headset. Clara took a seat next to Thor as he sat down, his hammer in his lap.

"Can someone tell grandpa to hurry up? I'd like to be back in time for our party that I decided to throw." Tony complained as he pulled a screen down, hitting a few things. Clara didn't care that Steve was coming. This was a mission and Clara before Hydra and with Hydra, was always serious on missions. That's what made her an amazing agent with both organizations.

"We're having a party tonight? You didn't tell me. I have nothing to wear!" Clara said with a grin, leaning against Thor and the side of the jet, "And gigantor here doesn't have anything, either."

"Well you can take him and yourself shopping when you get home." Tony told her, not even looking at his sister. He knew by her voice that she was smiling and it made him smile too.  That was when Cap decided to walk aboard the Quinn Jet. The cargo door shut as soon as he walked aboard. It was very obvious that he was avoiding looking at Clara. No one talked about it as they took off.

"Ah Steven! Shall I move so you can sit next to Lady Clara?" Thor asked happily, like the golden retriever he is. Steve visibly tensed and turned around to look at Thor, putting a fake smile on his face. Part of Clara wanted to protect Steve and cover up for why they broke up, but she remembered that she owed him nothing. So all Clara did was pull out a knife and started to pick at her nails. The entire Quinn Jet was silent and Thor looking in between Steve and Clara.

"Clara and I....aren't together anymore, Thor." Steve finally said and Clara rolled her eyes.

"It's not important now, Thor. I'll tell you later when we go shopping." Clara told the god with a smile on her face. Steven clenched his jaw at how Clara looked at Thor and walked over to Natasha and Clint.

As they got closer, that familiar calm trickled into Clara. She met Tony's eyes and he nodded. Clara stood up, slipping her earpiece in just as she walked the ramp door as it opened. Steve's head whipped towards her.

"This wasn't part of the plan, Stark." Steve practically snapped at her as he moved towards her. Tony stood up and grabbed the Star Spangled Man with a Plan's shoulder. Clara turned her head back towards the men, her eyes glowing that unnatural blue that sent a chill down their spines before she walked out of the jet and fell to the earth.