Secret Plans

-Two Weeks Later-

Steve, Clint, Natasha, Tony, Bruce, and Clara sat around a large glass table on the Helicarrier. Fury and Maria Hill stood in front of them. A picture of Jace popped up infront of each of them. Both Clara and Tony glared at the picture of the man as of he was sitting right there. Clara raised her eyes up to the Director of SHIELD. Under the table, she held on tightly to Steve's hand.

"You found him didn't you?" She asked him, her voice was hopeful. Fury looked at her with his one eye and then looked at Hill. She nodded and walked forward, tapping things on her tablet.

"Lee and the red headed woman we're spotted talking outside of this compound before headed inside. This seems to he were they are hiding out." She says and an image of the house appears infront of the various Avengers. "There's over a hundred people in there, all of them armed."

"So what's our plan?" The Captain asks, looking up at Fury and his various teammates. Clara's eyes study the compound before shutting her eyes for a moment.

"Our plan is we take down every damn person in there and I kill Jace." She says, leaning against the back of her chair. Everyone turns to look at her. Tony puts his hand on her free one and her eyes open.

"Do you think it's a good idea for you to go on this mission, Clara?" Fury asks, putting his hands on the table and leans forward slightly. Clara narrows her eyes. "We can't have your emotions ruining this mission." Clara lean forward

"Fury, I am going on this God damned mission no matter what. It's not anyone else's mission, but mine. So I am fucking going on this mission and I am putting a bullet between Jace's fucking eyes." She says calmly. Clint and Tasha looks at her, as did Bruce and Steve. Tony smirks.

"So, what is the plan?" Bruce asked, looked at Fury and Maria, fidgeting slightly in his chair. Steve nudged Clara slightly and she looked at him.

"I'm glad you asked, Doctor Banner." Fury says as Hill hands him a tan folder. He opens it a studies the file with his one good eye.

"You okay?" He mouthed, his hand moving on top of hers. She nodded.

"I'm fine." She mouthed back and he nodded. His thumb traced soothing circles into her skin. Her eyes studied his face as he slipped back into Captain mode. She sighed softly and looked forward as Fury began to explain what laid ahead of them and she thought of her own plan.

-

I was walking around my living room, my arms crossed over my chest. I stopped and looked out the large window wall. The sun was setting and slowly it was getting dark. I was so, so very prepared for tomorrow. Fury and Hill thought it was best we strike tomorrow, since we knew his position, as a team. But, I wasn't all keen on that idea. I wanted-no I had to take down Jace and everyone else on my own. Which was stupid, I know, but I had to. This wasn't their mission. It was mine. Shit, how many times have I said that today? Too many.

"Clara?" I turned around and saw Steve standing there, holding his shield. I smiled and walked away from the window. In his other hand, he held a bag. It probably has his suit and some overnight clothes. I let my hands fall to my sides as I walk to him. "You sure it's alright that I stay here tonight?" He asks, setting his bag down and propping his shield against the couch.

I smile and run a hand through my blonde hair, "Of course. I've slept at your place and it's not like we are going to do anything." I smirk. He blushed as red as a rose and I looked up at him. "And we'll both get a good night's rest. It's a win-win situation." He chuckles and smiles, to which, I just have to smile back. Because Steve looks like a God damned golden retriever when he smiles. It made me feel so bad about what I was going to do tomorrow. God damn you, Jace Lee. This is all your fault.

I shook that out of my head and smoothed out my t-shirt, looking down for a moment. "So dinner?" I ask, looking back up at him.

"Sure. Is it my turn to cook or yours?" He asks with a smile as he walks over to my kitchen. My grin widens, if that's possible.

"Well we good just order out or eat leftovers." I say with a shrug, motioning to the fridge. He turns back to look at me, shaking his head.

"Is my cooking not good enough for you, Agent?" He smirks. I look at him a bit surprised. He is getting very accustomed to the 21st century.

"Oh are you Captain Sassy now, Spangles?" I ask and I raise a brow, walking past him. He laughs and leans against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You love giving me nicknames, don't you?" He inquires. I open my fridge and pull out various leftovers.

"It's way too easy, Rogers." I grin and I motion to the leftovers in tupperware as if they were prizes on a game show,"Dinner!"

-

We lay on the bed a few hours later. My hair is splayed over my pillow and my arm is tucked under my head. Steve's arms are wrapped around me protectively, keeping my safe from night terror, but unknown to him, they won't be coming tonight. He sleeps peacefully, his lips slightly parted as his chest rises and falls gently with every breath. I smile softly and press my lips against his forehead. I expertly slip out of his arms and replace my body with a pillow. Thank Gods for all those one night stands that made me an expert on sneaking out without a sound.

My feet don't make a sound as I leave my bedroom and walk to one of my other rooms, which is always locked. After grabbing the key from the top of the door frame, I open the door and step into the room-which I am very proud of. It was my weapons room, but it felt and looked more like a closet Displayed on the walls were various weapons, ranging from sawed-off shotguns to holy water to katanas. But those weapons were practically nothing compared to what I felt about a certain object against the back wall.

Against the back wall, was a clothes rack. On the rack we're various versions of my navy blue suit. Some where in that color, others were black or grey or a bright blue. Even though all those choices were great, my blue eyes landed on an white as snow suit. I smirked and walked to the back of the room, ridding myself of my pajamas. I quickly pulled it on as well as the matching boots. I set to work and getting the weapons I needed. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail once I was finished. After that, I left the room, satisfied with what I had. I locked the door and walked to my living room. I scribbled down a note and taped it to Steve's shield and I grabbed my Stark phone. My feet carried me to my balcony and I hopped up on to the edge. I looked back into my dark and quiet level. I really should just carry out the mission with my team, yet, like I said before, this was my mission.

I turned my head and looked back to the city. I looked down my Stark phone, pulling up the address. I nodded and without another thought, I jumped off the buliding. I fell to the ground, picking up speed quickly. I put my arms at my sides and pulled up before it was too late. I zoomed over traffic, which of corse was still there at three in the morning, because this city never sleeps. I looked forward, a smirk on my face.

Oh Jace, if only you knew what was coming for you.