Nine Days

We started working as soon as we got back to the lab. I took a seat infront of a screen as Tony looked the staff and then at me.

God, I was scarred. Not about Loki, but about my time running out. Tony and Coulson would probably be only ones that actually cared. They were basically my family, well Tony actually was, but you know what I mean.

I don't even know what I would tell Tony. 'Hey, you know my powers? Yeah they're killing me, and I'll be gone in ten, maybe nine days, but you know who cares?'. I sighed and turn to look at the guys.

"The gamma readings are definetly consistent with Selvig's notes on the Tesseract. But its going to take weeks to process."Bruce says scanning Loki's staff. I get up and walk over.

"If we bypass their main frame and go direct off the Homer cluster, we can clock this at around six hundred Terraflops."Tony says and I nod, walking over to a screen, studying what it says.

"Heh, and all I brought was toothbrush."Bruce says and I chuckle.

"All I brought was clothes, and some other things."I say frowning slightly.

"You should come by Stark Towers sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D, you'll love it. Its Candyland."Tony says grabbing something, walking up to Doctor Banner.

"Thanks, but last time I was in New York, I kind of broke....Harlem."Bruce says, and give him a slight smile.

"I promiss a stress free enviroment. No surprises, no..."Tony says, shocking Bruce's side.

"Ow!"Bruce says as Tony look at him closely.

"Hey! Are you nuts?"Steve says walking into the room. I turn and look at him.

"Jury's out. You really have a lid on it. Whats your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"Tony says and I chuckle. Steve glares at me and roll my eyes.

"Is everything a joke to you two?"Steve asks looking at Tony and I.

"Funny things are."I say with a grin and Steve rolls his eyes.

"Threating the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny... No offense Doctor."Steve sasyz.

"I-Its alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things."Bruce says as he messes with stuff.

"You are tiptoeing, Big Man. You need to strut."Tony says and I chuckle.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr.Stark."Steve says and I roll my eyes.

"And you think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation, I don't have the variables."Tony says eating some blueberries.

"You think Fury is hiding something?"Steve asks. I look at him.

"He a spy. Captain, he's the Spy. His secrets have secrets."I say crossing my arms.

"Its bugging him too, isn't it?"Tony asks, pointing to Bruce, eating blueberry.

"Uhh, I just want to finish my work here here and-"Bruce says.

"Doctor?"Steve asks and Bruce takes off his glasses and looks at us all.

" 'A warm light for all mankind', Loki's jab at the cube."Bruce starts.

"I heard it."Steve says with a nod.

"Well I think it was meant for you two. Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the Tower, its all over the news."Bruce says pointing at Tony and I.

"The Stark Tower? That big ug-"Steve says and Tony and I both look at Steve,hurt.

"Buliding in New York."He says instead. Nice save.

"Its powered by an Arc Reactor. Self-sustaining energy source. That buliding will run itself for what a year?"Bruce asks. I grin and look at him.

"Its just a prototype. We're kind of the only name is clean energy right now. Its what he's getting at."I say looking at Steve.

"So why didn't SHIELD call Clara or Tony in on the Tesseract project? I mean what are they doing in the energy business anyway? "

"We should probably look at that, Clara. Once my description project finishes breaking into all of SHIELD files."Tony says walk towards Steve.

"I'm sorry did you say-?"Tony cuts off Steve.

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours, I'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has tried to hide."

"And you two wonder why they didn't want either of you on board." Steve says and I walk towards him.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically not awesome."Tony says and I stand right next to him.

"I think Loki means to wind us up. This man means to start a war, and if we don't focus, he will succeed. Ee have orders, we should follow them"Steve says.

"Following orders isn't my style"Tony says, glaring at Steve. I walk back over to Bruce.

"And you're all about style aren't you?"He ask looking at Tony. I smirk and go back to work.

"Of the people in this room who is A) Wearing spangily outfit, and B) not of use?"Tony asks.

"Steve,"I say softly, and he turns to Dr.Banner and I.

"Doesn't this seem a little funky to you?"Bruce asks. Steve looks at all of us and turns to leave.

"Just...find the Cube."He says walking out of the room.

"Thats the guy my dad never shut uped about? Wondering if they should have just kept him on ice"Tony asks and I grin, while Bruce chuckles.

"The guys not wrong about Loki. He does have a jump on us."Bruce says, messing with somethings on a screen. I walk over to another screen and mess with it.

"What he's got, is an Acme dynamite kit, and its going to blow up in his face."Tony says and I laugh.

"And we going to be their when it does."I say with a smirk.

"Well I'll read all about it."Bruce says. Tony shrugs and looks at him.

"Or you will be suiting up with the rest of us."Tony says. Bruce shakes his head.

"Ah you see,I don't get a suit of armor. I am exposed, like a nerve, its a nightmare."He says.

"I'm exposed as well. I get some ice maybe covering me other than that I screwed. I mean the side affects to mine are worse than yours."I say with sigh.

"I've got a cluster of sharpnel, trying every second to crawl its way into my heart."He says tapping his Arc Reactor,"This, stops it. This little circle of light stops it. Its a part of me. Not just a suit of armor. Its a terrible privelge."Tony says looking at Bruce.

"But you can control it."

"I have learned how."

"Its different."Bruce says.

"Hey, I've read about your accident. That much gamma exposure, should've killed you."Tony says and I nod.

"So you're saying the Hulk, the Other Guy, saved my life? Thats nice. Thats a nice sentiment. Save it for what?"Bruce asks.

"Guess we'll find out."I say with a shrug.

"You may not enjoy it."Bruce says.

"You might."