Chapter 22 - Love's Agony

Day 3's Start + End

---------------------------------------

Michelle's POV

I woke up with a heavy heart, I felt like there was a knot inside my stomach. 

"Michelle, please. Just go away." Anntonia's voice kept repeating. It felt like my heart was being stabbed so many times, the echo of Ann's voice as she saw Celeste and I kept playing. 

I pulled myself out of bed, and headed to Ann's door, unsure if she still wanted to see me after everything. I knocked on Ann's door, my fingers crossed hoping she'd open it. 

Anntonia's POV

As I woke up, Michelle and Celeste's kissing scene was the first thing that played inside my mind. It's almost like I couldn't shake it off, I grabbed my phone and Michelle flooded my messages, pleading me to talk to her. 

I dropped my phone down, as I heard something.

Hearing someone knock outside my door, I knew it was Michelle. I hesitated opening the door or telling to come in as I was torn between the need for us to talk and if I should shut the pain off. 

Eventually, I came to my sense and opened the door. Michelle and I needed to talk, I knew that. 

As I open the door, I saw Michelle standing infront of me, her eyes were red and puffy, matching mine.  "Can we talk?" Michelle whispered softly, not making her voice that audible. 

I nodded as I let her in. 

Michelle looked like she hasn't slept all night, I felt like I wanted to collapse as I stood there, letting her go inside. 

As I closed the door, we both sat on opposite ends of the couch. The silence echoed louder than our own voices. 

"Ann, I'm sorry." Michelle broke the silence as she stated this, her voice was shaky and soft. Hearing that tone coming from her felt like my stomach twisted in so many ways. 

I looked into her eyes, not knowing what to say. 

"I messed up, Ann. I know you're mad but please, talk to me. I can't afford losing you, Ann." Michelle spoke as she looked at me sincerely. 

Gosh. Her look made me wanted to budge in, I tried my best to not lower my walls. 

"I'm not mad, Michelle. I'm frustrated." I reply while masking my emotions with a blank face. "I know it's hurting you that I'm doing this to you, but Mich, I can't help it. I saw your lips touch hers, and after seeing that? I felt like my whole world crumbled." I added.

"It's not what you think it is, Ann. Accident yung nangyari. Celeste kissed me on purpose, she forced her lips into mine. Believe me, Ann. I never wanted to hurt you, and not one time did that option come into my mind." Michelle replied as her tear dropped.

Seeing Michelle tear up made me want to get out of the room, I couldn't stand seeing her crying. Why do I have to be so vulnerable when it comes to her?

"Michelle, it's just..hard to believe you at this state. I don't know if I could still trust you after everything I heard from Celeste and saw from you both." I whispered softly.

Michelle gently reached out for my hand, "I know I messed up, and I really hate myself for doing that. But Ann, please, give me another chance to regain you. I love you with all my heart, and I don't think I can afford to lose you." She spoke. 

I pulled away my hand, trying to reciprocate everything I was feeling right now. I didn't know how to react or respond to what Michelle said.

"I'm willing to do anything to gain you back and your trust. I'll give you the time you need to think but please, don't shut me off. Let me still show my love for you, even if you cannot show it back." Michelle added as her eyes tore up, looking at my eyes.