Chapter 45 - Sweet Nothings

Anntonia's POV

My heart skipped a beat as I saw the statement outside the letter's envelope.

What does she mean by 'Open when I've proposed to you,'? I mean, I know what it means but HA?

I stood there, reading the same statement all over again till I finally snapped out of it.

What if I ask Michelle about this? What's the most shocking thing that can happen?

She'll propose to me? Okay, but like what if the letter's for someone else? What if I'm getting things misinterpreted? Gosh! Tanungin ko nalang.

I walked back to the trunk of the car with the letter in my hand and completely forgot about bringing the snacks.

As I got back to the trunk, Michelle wasn't there.

WHERE THE HELL DID SHE GO?

"Michelle?" I questioned as my eyes wandered throughout the area, searching for Mich. "Lalove? If you're playing a game, quit it na!" I exclaimed, placing a hand on the corner of the trunk.

As my eyes continued to wander around, finally, Michelle finally appeared with 3 bouquets in her hands.

"Hey," Michelle spoke in a flirtatious tone, having a huge smile on her lips after appearing from the side of the car.

"Ano yan?" I asked in a clueless tone, knowing I had an insight into what was about to happen.

"Bouquets for the most gorgeous, hot, cutest, greatest, loveliest, girl ever. Hindi paba yan obvious?" Michelle teased, approaching me while carrying the bouquets.

"I mean, what are those for?" I continued to ask while furrowing my eyebrows, trying to contain my big smile.

"3 Bouquets, one stands for 'I', another one stands for 'Love', and the last one stands for 'You'. It's just me telling you I love you, and..you already have an idea," Michelle replied, giving me a wink and a teasing smile.

"Oh, do I? Maybe I do, but I still want you, yourself to spill it for me," I responded, matching her energy.

Michelle placed the 3 bouquets on the trunk, moving closer to me with a contagious smile on her lips.

The both of us stared at each other with genuine feelings and love while having the crashing waves from the ocean as the background noise.

"So," I say, breaking off the comfortable silence between us both as I still try to suppress my big smile.

I still had the letter in my hand for some reason.

Michelle placed her hands on my waist gently, looking straight into my eyes as she began her statement, "Firstly, I wanna let you know how excited and nervous I am to express what I'm about to express. Secondly, I just wanna remind you that I'm very lucky to have the privilege to love you,"

I listen to her attentively, having a soft smile on my lips. I'm trying my best to not fold in front of her right now, especially knowing what may happen.

"Thirdly, I have asked permission from your dad if I'm able to finally do what I'm about to do, and I'm also lucky to have him to give me his blessing," Michelle continued as she talked to me in the sweetest, soft tone ever.

The gorgeous sunset became a backdrop to this special moment, and I felt my heart pounding faster as Michelle continued to talk.

"My Ann, I remember telling you that being with you is like experiencing the best sunset ever, right? Watching the best sunset provides me warmth, a beautiful view, gives me a sweet moment, and comfort. That's what it feels like kapag ikaw yung kasama ko.