Chapter 42 - If Only You Knew (+Flashback)

Michelle's POV

My heart skipped a beat after hearing what she said, it felt overwhelming yet relieving to hear that.

We stared at each other in silence until Ann broke it off by excusing herself.

"I have to get back downstairs, tinutulungan ko si Rhian," Ann spoke as she got up from my side.

I nodded, mumbling a 'thanks'.

As soon as Anntonia left the room silently, my phone suddenly chimed in.

I grabbed it from the corner of the bed to check what the notification was only to see it was a photo of Ann and Melissa facetiming each other.

Wow, after everything? HAHA. What can I do though? Ann and I are on a break, I have no right to act like this.

I scrolled down to check out Ann's caption, only to know that Melissa was coming to Boracay.

The thought of it sent mixed emotions flowing inside me, I mean, we both fought over this and she still posted about it?

I placed my phone down in frustration, letting out a soft groan as I shifted myself lower and tried going back to sleep.

A few seconds just before I almost fell asleep, my phone rang. I groaned as I reached for my phone, checking who was calling.

It was Celeste who was calling me.

I answered the phone since I was curious why's she calling, I'm assuming it's about the person she has something going on with.

--

Me: Hey Cel, you called?

Celeste: Mich, hi! I just wanna ask how are you doing there in Boracay, and also tell you what's going on here.

Me: I'm doing fine, just a bit sick at the moment. Anyway, what's up?

Celeste: Aw, I hope you feel better soon! You're about to propose to Anntonia pa naman.

Me: What? How'd you know about that? I don't recall telling anyone about it except for a few individuals.

Celeste: I may have overheard you talking to someone on the phone, I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to mention it.

Me: It's fine, don't worry. And yeah, I was gonna propose to Ann today. But it looks like di na yan mangyayari, HAHA.

Celeste: Ha? Why wouldn't it happen? May nangyari ba?

Me: Things between Ann and me have been awful at the moment, and let's say me and her are on this break.

Celeste: I'm sorry to hear that, Mich. I hope you both will be able to work things out, bagay na bagay pa naman kayo.

Me: Thanks, Cel. I hope we'll be able to work things out and get back to when we were still not covered in this mess.

Celeste: Of course, you both will be able to, kayo pa. And besides, sayang naman ng ring if di lang kayo magiging endgame, HAHA. I'm betting the ring's gorgeous.

Me: I guess we'll see about that, I picked out a gorgeous for a gorgeous girl. But besides that, thanks for checking on me.

Celeste: You're welcome, you know I've always got you, despite the fact for the past months you and I were on some things.

Me: Kaya nga. Anyway, how are you there? And should I also mention, this special someone of yours? HAHA.

Celeste: Ooooh, we're fine. And speaking of her, she's calling me right now.