Chapter 48 - You & Me

A/N: Will have a PorDee oneshot book up in a few days or a week, you're free to ask me to write about them in the book -- will also dump some ideas there that I had for this story that didn't make it to the chapters! :_)

-

Michelle's POV

Mixed emotions came flowing inside me as I heard what Ann had told Melissa. — I stood up from the floor, placing down the shoes, and I decided to head upstairs.

I climb the stairs with so many thoughts clouding me, not knowing what to do.

Ann would never do something like this, right?

Just as I got inside of my room, leaving the door open before heading inside the bathroom to get myself ready for bed.

While I stand in front of the bathroom mirror after taking a quick shower, unease swirls inside me. — Bringing it up in front of Ann right now might swirl things once again, but if I don't bring it up, it will continue eating me up.

Lost in my thoughts, I suddenly felt the door open behind me and Ann wrapped her arms around my waist, taking me out of my reverie. I checked the mirror to see Ann's reflection, only to see her jaw resting on my shoulder.

"Hey," I say in a not-so-audible tone while fixing up the sink, trying to fight the urge to ask about her and Melissa.

"You look so pretty," Ann replied, looking at me through the mirror as I continued cleaning up the sink.

"Thanks," I responded with a faint smile, masking my flooding emotions.

"Sorry if I took too long outside, may pinagusapan kami ni Melissa," Ann stated as she tightened her arms around me.

Was the "I love you, I really do," mandatory for you to say in such a long conversation?

"It's fine, don't worry about it," I replied, taking off Ann's arms around me as I headed out of the bathroom.

"I'll just freshen up, I'll head to you after," Ann says before closing the bathroom door.

I nodded, heading back to the bed,  tucking in my legs as I arrived, and grabbed my phone below me. — I laid my back on the headboard while scrolling through social media till I came across Ann's post. — I decided to check out the comments for no sane reason.

Irfan commented? Wow, "The most gorgeous girl I've ever seen, smucho calor!"

I know damn well he googled translate that, and even if he knew how to speak Spanish? I can still speak Spanish better.

Reading Irfan's comment hit me with a pang of jealousy, but remembering the fact that Ann's mine, I just brushed it off. — The thought of what Ann told Melissa argued over, shooting me with mixed emotions.

As I heard the sound of the bathroom door opening, Ann got out wearing a silk sleeveless top with matching shorts. — Well, I can't really blame Irfan for calling my girl hot.

"Hi," I say, admiring Ann's look while she approaches the bed.

"Hi yourself, you're staring at me," Ann smiled, climbing herself up beside me.

"Sorry," I replied, shifting my position to face her properly. "You just look really good," I added.

"Thanks, love," Ann responded, snuggling her head down underneath my chin, and wrapping her arms around me.

"Aren't you tired yet? It's quarter to midnight, don't you think you should sleep na?" I asked, looking down at her as she looked up at me.

"Sleep can wait, on the other hand, I don't wanna wait till morning to be able to snuggle with you," Ann answered in a soft tone, drawing circles on my chest.