Chapter 47 - Between Us

Anntonia's POV

"Ann," Melissa stated softly as she diverted her eyes to me, looking at me with a sincere look.

"Yes, Mel?" I paused, turning my attention towards Melissa as it got me curious why was her tone and look different.

"There's something I've been eager to tell you," she says as her voice slightly trembles while tapping her index finger on the railing.

"Sure, what is it? You okay?" I replied, eager to know what's she going to say since she was acting odd.

As Melissa was about to answer, the sound of footsteps interrupted us. ━ It was Michelle running towards me.

"Hey, baby!" Michelle exclaimed, wrapping her arms around my waist, and placing her chin right on top of my shoulder. "I hope I'm not interrupting a 'best friend' moment here, am I?"

"Well, Melissa was about to tell me something," I replied, looking back at Michelle who was drawing circles on the sides of my waist.

"Oops, sorry for the interruption, I'll just go back in a while," Michelle stated, unwrapping her arms around me.

"No, it's fine, Mich. It was just some silly story I was going to tell Ann," Melissa answered, smiling at us.

"You sure? If so, do you mind if I steal my girl for a bit? You can come with us, the others are waiting for you both anyway," Mich said, returning Melissa's smile.

"Yup, and sure. I don't have anything to do here all alone," Melissa replied as she hesitated for a moment.

The 3 of us headed to where the others were with our jet skis, Michelle was the one driving for me as I was on her back just taking pictures of us two. ━ As we arrived at the area where our friends were at.

"Finally, you 2 are here na!" Rhian exclaimed with anticipation echoing out her voice, "We should race!" she suggested. 

"I'm in for that, I have the best jet ski driver on my front," Jennie agreed who was at the back of Lisa, having her arms wrapped around her waist. 

What's going on with these two?  Ang landi!

"First to that small island wins, the loser has to pay for dinner!" Sheynnis exclaimed, letting out a laugh.

"You're so on," Lisa replied, starting the engine of the jet ski.

As we all started our engines and started the race, I held onto Michelle's waist tightly, making sure I wouldn't fall off.

"You doing okay there, baby?" Michelle exclaimed, taking a short glance at me as she drove the jet ski.

"Yes, but I'm getting soaked up here! And, don't you dare take your eyes off the water, we need to win the race!" I shouted back, placing my camera inside to make sure it didn't get wet.

"Copy, madam!" Michelle replied, having a playful smile on her face as she blasted the engine of the jet ski.

A few seconds passed, and Michelle and I won as we were the first ones to reach the island. — Followed by Lisa and Jennie, Melissa and Shey, Janina and Sandy, and the last ones, Rhian and Max.

[A/N; If you're wondering why there are 6 jet skis instead of 4, it's because nagkamali ako last chap, I placed 4 instead of 6. The 2 other jet skis did not teleport.]

"HAHAHAHA. Kawawa naman Riri and Max, thanks for the dinner!" Michelle teased, letting out a laugh.

"Oh, shut up," Max and Rhian replied, rolling their eyes. "You guys just got lucky," Max added.