Chapter 44 (+Flashback)

Michelle's POV

I slowly stir, pushing myself closer to Ann while being half-awake. As I slowly open my eyes, the view of Ann sleeping beside me with her hand on my waist projected.

My stirring caused Ann to wake up, as she slowly opened her eyes, it directly looked into mine, shifting to the sight of her hand on my waist.

As she saw her hand on my waist, she gently took it off and placed her eyes back on mine.

"How are you feeling?" Ann asked, breaking the silence between us as we faced each other.

"Better," I replied softly, giving her a short gentle smile.

"That's great to hear," Ann answered, matching my tone and smile. She checked the clock at the side and asked, "It's 12:30, what do you want for lunch?"

"I'm fine with anything, we can order take-out if you want?" I suggested, raising my eyebrows.

"Talked to the doctor, you aren't allowed take-out," Ann replied letting out a soft sigh, "I can cook something for you if you're fine with that," she added.

"I'm fine with that, will you need any help downstairs? I can help," I asked, making sure she could manage downstairs. 

"No, it's fine. I can manage, and you should rest more while I cook something up," Ann replied as she slowly got up from bed to head downstairs.

But you're my pahinga.

"Okay," I answered while looking at her head to the door, I couldn't help but still feel the tension between us.

It makes me have second thoughts about proposing today, mas mabuti kaya if I'll postpone it next time? I don't want to rush Anntonia with everything or make her feel overwhelmed.

I want my proposal to be at ease, I want things to be better for Ann and me before I propose. I don't wanna put her in an unstable pace.

Anntonia's POV

As I headed downstairs to go to the kitchen, the thought of Michelle and I lingered inside my head. It was causing me to think about everything that had happened.

Am I wrong for being too harsh with Michelle?

I do miss Michelle and the way things used to be, but I just can't help but have hesitant thoughts about budging in that fast. And as for the break we're having? It's something that has been clouding me as well.

Michelle and I's situation confuses me, I don't know if we are going on a break with each other. It feels like we aren't, I mean after everything?

There's no way it feels like a break.

After I'd arrived at the counter, I grabbed the ingredients I'd need to cook the dish for Michelle while continuing to think about her.

While preparing the dish, the thought of what am I gonna do with Mich and I was the only thing that was filling up my mind.

Being hesitant about returning to things easily makes me feel bad, cos' like, Michelle has been so patient with me.

While I give her such a hard time.

I continued to cook the dish as I also resumed thinking about Michelle, trying my best to contemplate everything with Michelle.

..

After finished preparing the dish, I headed upstairs back to Michelle's room to give the meal.

"Hey, here's your meal na," I say while heading to her bed after arriving inside her room.