Chapter 53 - Everything's Settled (?)

please read a/n at the end :_)

Michelle's POV

Inunahan pako, I was supposed to be the one introducing Ann to my mom, not the opposite way.

"Is it only you two? No friends with you?" My mom asked us both, giving out a curious expression.

"Yup, Anntonia and I are on a date," I answered, earning my mom's look. — I was able to get the chance to give her an 'I told you so' look as our eyes met.

"Would you like to have lunch with us in a while?" Ann asked my mom, giving her a soft smile.

She's asking her to have lunch with us? Well, that's odd.

"Sure, it would be great to have lunch with you two. Thanks for the invite," my mom answered, returning Ann's smile. "I have a lot to say, and I'd also love to catch up. It's been a while," she added.

My mom was so against the idea of Ann and I just a few days ago and was forcing me to Sam, the hell happened?

I look at both of them having a light conversation while having smiles on their faces, lost in thought about what's going on and why's everything so sudden. — Not until my mom excused herself to browse through the things the shop contained.

"Excuse me for a while, I'm eager to check around the shop. I'll be back in a few," My mom says before leaving the scene.

Just as my mom left, I swiftly moved myself closer to Ann, raising my eyebrows, "What was that? You asked her to come with us for lunch?" I asked curiously.

"I had to, Mich. It would seem rude not to ask her, plus, it would be a great time for me to win her," Anntonia replied, placing her hands on my hips as she gave me a reassuring smile.

"Baby, you don't have to win her. Whether she accepts you or not, I'm still sticking with you regardless of what she says," I say, having a short smile on my face.

"I know, I know. But still, it would be better to know that she'd be okay with me as your partner, plus, wala naman mawawala diba?" Ann stated, her voice tinged with positivity.

"Okay, okay. Just please don't let anything awful she might say get to you, and remember that despite what she comments, I'm still going to continue to stick with you," I say as I nod, understanding Ann's point of view.

"Don't worry, I can handle anything that comes my way. Besides, I'll win your mom using my great charm, I'm an angel after all," Ann joked, letting out a soft chuckle.

"So confident, well let's hope she sees you as an angel just like how I see you as one," I replied, kissing Ann on the cheek.

"Don't you think we should pay for what we got already? Your mom might be back in a while," Ann suggested, taking off the headband placed on her head.

"You got a point, let's go and pay na," I agreed, grabbing Ann's hand as we made our way to the cashier.

"Thought we were just gonna grab sunglasses'?" Ann teased while we waited for the cashier to give us our purchases.

"Thought so too," I responded as I retrieved the items we picked out earlier after settling the bill.

My mom's timing was perfect, she got back as soon as we finished paying for our items.

"Are you both done? If so, we could head off already," my mom asked, slightly raising her eyebrows.

"Yup, we're all set. Where are we having lunch?" I replied in a light tone, still nervous about what she's gonna say about Ann.