Chapter 35 - Ouch

mahal ko kayowng lahawt :p

---------------------------------------------

Michelle's POV

"Celeste?" I say in a curious tone as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mich.." Celeste mumbled in a soft tone as she slowly headed to me while brushing her head up using her fingers.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito sa Manila?" I asked as I looked at her with confusion, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm here for work, and maybe for you as well, it was a coincidence na andito ka sa Manila nung papunta ako dito." Celeste replied, looking at me directly with her eyes.

"Oh, yan pala. Sorry for directly asking, curious lang ako." I say.

"I wanna ask, may gagawin kapa ba or pupuntahan? If no, do you mind having coffee with me?" Celeste asked, leaving me unsure of what to answer.

Wala naman akong gawin and later pa si Ann babalik, I'll just tell her that what happened and inaya ako ni Celeste for coffee.

"I have nothing to do so I don't mind having coffee with you, I'll just message Ann about this." I replied in a casual tone as I took out my phone from my pocket, sending Ann a message.

"Let's go? I know a café just a few steps away, hindi ka naman siguro papagudin sa 50 steps?" Celeste stated as she mumbled a chuckle, giving me a smile.

"Don't worry, I can carry 50 steps, kahit 500 pa yan, kayang kaya ko." I teasingly replied.

Celeste and I headed off and made our way to the nearby café, the both of us talked about what we were doing since the day had started just to not make things awkward.

Finally, we arrived at the café. The waiter helped us settle at our table as he took our orders as well.

Done ordering, Celeste broke off the silence as she asked, "So, what have you been up to after the last time the both of us interacted?"

"Nothing much, Ann and I have been doing great and maybe that explains why I'm here in Manila with her." I answer her question as I take a sip of my water.

"I'm happy for you, as much as I don't wanna make this awkward, I'd like to say sorry parin for causing issues." Celeste spoke as a glint of sincerity appeared on her eyes.

"It's fine now, Cel. It's in the past and I've moved on from it, I'm in a happy state already. We're okay." I say while giving her a reassuring smile, just not to make her overthink my answer.

"I'm happy that we're okay, I've caused you so much that until now, babawi parin ako sa'yo. Treat ko ngayon." Celeste replied as she returns me the smile I gave her.

The both of us continued our conversation in a stable pace, walang awkwardness or misunderstandings nangyayari, just a normal conversation.

Nag-aalala parin ako kay Ann dahil she hasn't replied to me, maybe she has her phone off, right?

Anntonia's POV

After settling inside the car, Nichamp drove off already. A few minutes had passed, the car was just going straight till Nichamp spoke, "Hey, Ann? Do you mind if I get gas first? A little nalang yung gas ko, I forgot to get some kanina."

"Sure, walang problema. We're not that far pa naman to go back." I replied, taking a glance at Nichamp as I grabbed my bag.

Nichamp took a U-Turn as I was reaching for my phone inside my bag.

Finally, nakuha ko na.

Argh! Ngayon pa'ko na-lowbat?!

I let out a groan and placed my phone back inside my bag, "You okay?" Nichamp spoke as she glanced at me while driving.