Chapter 43 - Mixed Emotions

Michelle's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt someone touching my skin, my eyes wandered around till my eyes were directed to the person who was checking me.

Wasn't I in my bed a while ago?

"Ba't andito ako?" I asked in curiosity why I was lying in a hospital bed and my hand was wrapped in IVs.

"You were rushed in by two girls earlier around 9 pm, they told us you lost consciousness and fainted on the way to the bathroom. As we checked your status, we had to run tests cos' you're in a really bad shape," The nurse replied.

As I tried to piece everything together, Ann was still the only thing that was rotating inside my mind.

"How are you feeling now?" The nurse asked as she gave me a gentle smile while adjusting the machine beside me.

"Honestly, unconscious and sick," I admitted as I tried to sit up slightly while still having that light-headed effect on me.

"That's totally normal to feel, just go easy and continue resting," The nurse assured me as she gave out a nod.

"Do you somehow know where the two girls that brought me in a while?" I asked, pretending I was looking for the two but honestly, it's only one I'm really looking for.

You already know who.

"The other one had already left, meanwhile the other girl's here in the hospital signing papers for you outside, I believe Ms. Porsild yung pangalan?" The nurse answered as she raised her eyebrows. 

I nodded, feeling a surge of happiness mixed with anxiety at the mention of Ann's name, overthinking the fact what would happen if Ann walked into the room.

"If you don't mind me asking, kaano-ano mo ba siya, ma'am? Grabe yung alala niya kanina sa'yo," The nurse asked.

"Girlfriend. Girlfriend ko siya," I answered with no hesitation despite what Ann and I have been going through.

"Swerte mo naman ma'am, grabe siguro yung pagmamahal niya sa'yo. Kitang kita talaga kanina how much she cares," The nurse nodded, giving out a gentle smile.

"I really am," I agreed in a soft tone, returning her gentle smile.

As the nurse left the room, I reached for my phone on the corner before laying myself back down.

I scrolled through my social media platform and my messages as I still had my head lingering on Anntonia.

Just then, I heard my door open, only to see Ann enter. My heart pounded faster as I saw her.

"You're awake," Ann spoke in a soft tone as she closed the door behind her, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Yup," I answered, trying to not budge in for her embrace.

Ann busied herself fixing up the things on the table inside my room, it's clear that she was still upset with everything that happened.

The tension between Ann and I was evident, obvious na rin that both of us had lots of things to say but kept it quiet.

"I'm guessing the nurse had briefed you with everything?" Ann broke off the silence as she continued to fix up the table.

"She did," I replied as I tried to sit myself back up, I had a bit of a struggle getting myself back up since the nurse placed something on me.

Ann noticed how I was trying to get up so she approached me and helped me up. — Her touch sent shivers down me.

"Thanks," I murmured as I looked at her standing beside my bed, fixing my IVs and all.