Chapter 51 - It's You, (Again?)

long chapter incoming, excited for mega magazine :p 

Anntonia's POV

Overhearing Michelle's conversation on the phone with her mom placed me in unease, I did hear the part wherein her mom asked her to fetch Sam.

-

Michelle: Sam's with you? Ma, she's a grown woman and she can manage to go home alone. Plus, I'm here with Anntonia.

Michelle's Mom: It's unsafe for her to go home all alone, and when will you realize it's Sam whom you should be with?

-

Michelle excused herself out of the room to continue her conversation with her mom, leaving me a mix of frustration and curiosity.

Frustration because it's not that good to hear your fiance's mom prefers another person, and curiosity because I wonder what Sam has that I don't that makes Michelle's mom love her, and what did she do to make Michelle's mom so insistent with her.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside corner and laid myself down on the pillows. — As I lay in bed, scrolling through my phone to keep me distracted, I got the thought of going out to walk around the main beach.

Well, I don't need Michelle to drop me off since I can just book a taxi, I'm sure me going out wouldn't bother Mich.

I got up from the bed with my phone, heading to the door to fix myself in my room. — Just after I opened the door, Michelle was heading back inside the room we were just in.

"Baby, where are you off to?" Mich asked, looking at me with a curious look.

"I was thinking about walking around the main beach tonight, so I'm off to my room to get myself fixed," I answered.

"Alone?" Michelle asked while having a soft smile imprinted on her lips.

"Yeah, I'm a big girl and I can manage myself," I answered, forcing a reassuring smile.

"Baby, you do know I can go with you, diba? Plus, it's nighttime time na and it might be dangerous for you to go alone," Mich stated, placing her hands on my waist, and moving me closer to her.

"I'd love for you to come with me, but don't you have Sam to fetch? And, as I said, I can manage on my own," I say.

"I understand that you can manage on your own, and I do not doubt that you can. But baby, it's better if you're with me to avoid any drawbacks, and for Sam's part? I told my mom I won't fetch her, I want to spend tonight with you, plus, she's a grown woman na," Michelle replied in a gentle yet firm tone.

"As much as I love you being concerned and choosing to be with me rather than Sam, you didn't have to," I stated while matching her tone, looking at her sincere eyes.

"I know that I don't have to, but I prefer being with you. Ikaw naman dito yung baby ko, and you're my priority. Hindi si Sam," she replied, pulling me closer to her. "Unless, ayaw mo akong kasama?" Michelle added, giving me a little pout.

"Of course not, Mich. I want to be with you kaya, it's just overhearing your conversation with your mom made me a bit upset?" I admitted, having an upside-down smile on my lips.

"I'm sorry if you had to hear that, but I promise you, my mom's opinions won't change how I feel about you, baby," Michelle assured me, planting a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks, I appreciate that, a lot," I answered, smiling at her sincere assurance. "I love you," I added as I embraced her.

"I love you more, my cute girl," she replied, placing her hand inside the back of my shirt, and rubbing it gently.