Chapter 50 - Uncertainty With Everything

Michelle's POV

I immediately turned my back to face Sam and removed myself from her touch. — I took a short glance at Ann while everyone was looking at me, only to see her looking at me with an unsure look.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" I questioned, trying to move myself away from her by moving closer to Ann. 

"I was going to go and grab a coffee before heading home, tapos I saw you sitting here so I decided to approach you. What are you doing here? Akala ko you had work," Sam answered, questioning me back.

"Uhm, the work thing got canceled, so we decided to go out nalang instead," I replied, trying to make up an excuse as I slowly snaked my hands to Ann's lap, trying to assure her. 

"Well, if that's the case, do you guys mind if I join you? Max, Rhi, and the others? Pakilala mo naman ako diyan, oh," Sam said as she looked at everyone with a smile on her lips. 

I gained a knowing look from Max and Rhian, knowing that they both knew what was the deal with Sam and me, unsure if we'd let Sam stay with us.

"If it's fine with Anntonia and our other friends, I guess you could stay for a bit?" I say in a hesitating tone, looking over Ann.

"Sure, wala namang problema if Sam's gonna stay with us," Anntonia answered, giving me a blatantly forced smile.

Sandy, Janina, Jennie, and Ann's friends agreed with her and welcomed Sam warmly, offering her a seat. — The tense atmosphere thickened as Sam settled on the seat, right in front of me.

"Sam, meet Melissa, Sheynnis, Lisa, Janina, and Sandy," Rhian introduced Sam to everyone she didn't know.

They introduced themselves to each other with warm smiles on their lips, having no idea what was going on.

"Well, since everyone's done with the introductions, how have you been Sam?" Rhian asked, breaking off the silence after introductions.

"I'm doing good, better now since I got to see Michelle today," Sam replied, glancing at me with a playful smile.

I forced a smile in response not to seem rude just to ignore her reply while I worried about what Ann's feeling, or even thinking.

Natatakot ako sa asawa ko, when this girl gets pissed off it feels like having a dinosaur screaming at you!

The others seem to notice that something's off, Ann on the other hand was on her phone, minding her own business.

"It's great to know you're doing good, it's been a while since we saw each other," Max stated, trying to maintain an easy-going conversation.

Ann's friends, Janina, and Sandy were having their conversation on the other side of the table, talking about their stuff. — Anntonia engaged in their conversation after placing her phone down, not even bothering to take a glance at me.

Looks like this is gonna be a rough night with Ann.

"We should go out soon, I missed you 3, especially Michelle," Sam suggested, emphasizing that she was missing me the most.

"Favoritism," Max joked, trying to steer the conversation away from being conversed.

"What? It's true naman that I missed Michelle the most, especially when she lets me lean on her to sleep throughout the ride," Sam answered, making the conversation worse. — I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, placing my hand on Ann's lap, hoping she'd get the idea of me doing that to assure her.

She brushed my hand the moment it touched her skin, glancing at me shortly with a not-so-nice look before returning her attention to the others.

I'm dead, aren't I?