Chapter 41 - Tangled Strings Of Faith

hi :_)

---------------------------------------------

Michelle's POV

As I left the room, I felt like my whole world had just crumbled after having that conversation with Anntonia.

I headed inside my room to keep trying to suppress my tears before I could reach my room.

Gosh, what happened to Ann and I?

After arriving inside my room, I shut my door closed as I collapsed on top of my bed, staring at the ceiling as I tried to reciprocate everything that just happened.

Hindi ko inexpect that Ann and I's minor argument turned into a much more heated one and got this as the result.

Lost in my thoughts as the time was slipping away, I slowly fell asleep since I hadn't had a proper sleep since last night.

..

An hour or two has passed, it's 11:30 am. I slowly stir as I hear my phone buzzing in the corner of my head, I open my eyes to see who it is, si Rhian lang pala.

I grabbed my phone to pick up her call, I could barely open my eyes as it still was sore from too much weeping.

--

Rhian: Mich! You're home na, diba?

Me: Yeah, andito ako sa house. Why?

Rhian: Max and I will be bringing in a new friend for lunch there sa house. Tell Ann as well, please!

Me: Okay, I'll just cook lunch after for us para when you three arrive, kain nalang us directly.

Rhian: Thanks, Mich! We'll be there around 12:30, you're the best! Love ya!

--

I have to tell Anntonia? I don't even have the guts to show my face to her right now!

I sighed as I realized I had to knock on her door and go tell her what Rhian just told me to state.

After a few seconds of summoning every strength I had at the moment and fixing myself to look presentable,  I dragged myself outside my room and made my way to Ann's door.

My heart pounded faster before knocking, as soon as I heard her say 'Come in', I slowly opened the door and only revealed half of my body.

"Hey, sorry for disturbing you but  Rhian and Max will be here for lunch. They got someone with them," I stated in a soft tone, trying to avoid looking at her.

"Ah, okay. I'll be there downstairs, just let me know if they're here," Ann replied while matching my tone.

As I exited and closed the door, I made my way down the kitchen to prepare lunch for my friends and this 'new' friend.

I still couldn't shake the heaviness inside my heart off,  Ann and I going on this break is draining, it's like not being motivated to do anything.

While I prepared lunch for everyone, the thought about Ann and me continued to linger in my mind.

..

Finally, as soon as I was done cooking, I heard a knock on the door and assumed it was them.

I swiftly sprinted to the door to open it, only to see Rhian and Max.

"Michy! We missed you so much!" Rhian exclaimed happily as she embraced me tightly, having such a big smile on her face.

"I was only gone for a bit, no need to be so OA. And I know you're being this sweet cos you're excited to see what I got for you," I teased, returning her smile despite how bad I was feeling at the moment.