Chapter 1

I woke up confused and scared. Where am I? I thought. Whiteness was surrounding me. My head was in unimaginable pain. I looked around and saw 5 vases of flowers on a table. Some were Dahlias, Some were Daisies, And some were of my favorite flowers, Amaryllis. I saw a panda bear stuffed animal sitting right next to me. It was wearing an identical hospital gown as i was. I looked at the tag of it and it said "Chin up Buttercup. Get better. -Love, Stephan"

I frowned at it. It was in familiar scribbly handwriting. But who was this guy?

Suddenly a really cute guy with shaggy ash blonde hair stepped into the room smiling. "You are awake! Finally! You have been asleep for 2 weeks!" He said. I cleared my throat. "Excuse me, But are you in the right room? I have no idea who you are..." I said, weirded out. He then looked at me hurt.

Was i supposed to remember this guy? He was cute with his shining blue eyes. But i would remember him. He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "The doctor said you would probably forget things." He said bummed. I stared at him. "Tell me who you are." I frowned. "My name is Stephan. I am your boyfriend." He told me, with a hopeful look on his face making me believe he hopes that that would ring a bell. " I would remember my own boyfriend." I glared. " When you were 10, your mother died of a heart attack and she died with you in her arms." He told me. I looked at him. "Anyone could know that." I glared. He sighed. "I hoped it wouldn't come to this. But when you were knocked unconscious, I was the one that drove the car that was crashed and a semi truck smashed into the side you were on and i was unharmed. I was the one to see you all bloody and hurt." He had tears in his eyes. "Doesnt mean you are my boyfriend. You might be a stalker--" I froze and stared at him.

He looked like he was hurting so bad. Like i just crushed him. I couldn't stand to see him like that. But i didnt remember him. Why did it hurt me so much? Just then a doctor came in.

"Sir, I must ask you to step out so i can examine her. We do not want you to stress her out and try to remember the things she does not remember." He told him. "Too late for that." I mumbled. Stephan then left the room looking like he was just broken into pieces. The doctor then grabbed a flashlight and beamed it into my eyes.

My eye shut the minute he did. Tears streamed down my face. I started to remember the crash as he did so. The light blinded me like the semi trucks headlights did the moment we crashed. But i didn't see the strange boy named stephan. It was only me, the car, and the truck. I suddenly got dizzy as the light hit me. I suddenly fell asleep again.

When i awoke this time, Stephan was standing over me with a pile of pictures in his hands. "I got these from your room hoping you would remember me." He told me and set them on the bed. I picked them up and looked at them. They were of me and him. In one picture, We were in a park on swings, holding ice cream cones. There was a smudge of ice cream on my nose. I assumed he did it. My black hair was in a messy bun and i was wearing white short shorts and a light blue tank top with a black heart on it. I also had black flip flops on and they were dug into the sand. Stephan was in a white plain t-shirt and black skinny jeans. His white high-tops were in the sand also. I then looked at Stephan "I don't remember this." I told him. "It was your favorite photo." He said sadly. I gave him the rest of the photos, refusing to look at the rest. "I don't care to see them." I said stubbornly. He sighed. "Whenever you were this stubborn i would set you on my lap and kiss you to persuade you." He told me. "Well you better not do that now. Because at this very moment, we are not dating." I glared. His eyes were then tearing up again. I could feel my heart braking. Why do i care about this boy? I would never allow myself to do this normally. He then turned around and left. He left all the pictures here. I sighed and watched him leave and he left the door open.

Suddenly, a guy with brown hair and green eyes walked past my room. He was also in a hospital gown. He was nice looking as well. He looked at me and came my room. "Hello" He said. "Hi.." I said back and i blushed at how intently he was looking at me. "Why are you in here?" He asked me. "I'm in here because of a bad car crash." I told him. "Oh. Im in here because of cancer." He told me. "Whats your name?" He asked. I was shocked at how openly he told me that he had cancer. He didnt even hesitate. "My name is Lila. Whats yours?" I asked. "Elliot." He replied as he sat on the corner of the bed. "My room is just down the hall." He told me. "oh." I replied, not knowing what else to say. "What are these?" He asked, picking up the pictures. "Me and my boyfriend." I told him. "I don't remember it though cause i have amnesia." I added.

Just then a doctor came in. "Elliot. Back to your room. You can visit ms. Lila tomorrow." She said. I waved to him as he left. Then the doctor gave me a tray with food. The food included: Blue jello, potatoes, apple juice, and reeses. I thanked her and when she left after asking me like more then 5 times if i was ok, she left. I finally ate some food and then heard a knock on the door as i was watching The Notebook. "Come in!" I yelled. I than saw my little sister stick her head in. "You missed my birthday." She told me. "I am now 5." She added. I smiled and picked her up. "You know i didn't do that on purpose right?" I asked. " I know" She giggled. "Do you remember my name?" She joked. "No." I smiled. "Its Zoe." She smiled. "Well ms. Zoe. How can i help you?" I smiled back. "You can help me by coming home." She turned serious. "I cant. You know i would." I told her. Suddenly my parents came in. "Lila! Your awake!" My step mom yelled and hugged me tightly.