Chapter 2

The next morning, i woke up and Elliot was sitting by my bed watching tv with movies in his hands. "Hi." I said. I startled him. I smiled as he looked at me. " I brought you some movies." He told me.

He set them on my bed and i read the titles out loud. "A Walk To Remember, The Vow, and One Day." He picked these himself? "What one would you like to watch?" He asked. "You would watch these chick flicks with me?" I smiled. "I don't see why not." He replied.

Then i realized how sad i would be if he died. So i asked him the one question i needed to know. "What kind of cancer do you have?" I asked. He suddenly looked at me with thIm e saddest eyes i've ever seen. "Heart Cancer." He told me. I suddenly felt pain in my chest. He could die from that.

I then grabbed his hands and his skin was clammy and cold. "Are you ok?" I asked, concerned. He was sweating badly as well. He nodded quickly and rushed out of the room.

An hour later, Elliot came back and he looked better then he did before. He came and sat down by me. "Im sorry about that." He said. "It doesn't matter as long as your ok." I replied.

Suddenly stephan walked in. "Who is this?" He asked staring at Elliot. "Hes my friend." I told him. Elliot looked at him. "Your the guy from the picture. Nice to meet you." Elliot smiled. Elliots smile lit up the world from a million miles away. "Why are you in a hospital gown?" Stephan glared at Elliot. "I have Cancer." Elliot replied. "What kind?" Stephan's glare still didn't go away, in fact it worsened. "Why are you being so mean, Stephan?" I asked. "I dont know, maybe i wanted to spend time with you?" He replied. "I'm sorry. I could go if you want to spend time together." Elliot offered. "No. You stay." I replied firmly. "Yes. It would be wonderful if you left." Stephan said, rudely. "Stephan, how bout you go?" I said. Stephan glared at Elliot and stormed out.

"Im sorry. I didnt mean to get you mad at eachother." Elliot said, like it was his fault. "You think its your fault?" I asked. "Yes." He replied. I silently looked at him. "Dont think that." I said. "Why cant i?" He asked. "Because. Its not your fault." I answered. Suddenly he just looked at me seriously. "When i die, I need you to hold on to the memory of me." He told me. He than grabbed my hands and placed them in his gently. "I need you to remember me." He said, as he got up and left.

I stared at the door for almost an hour after he left. "When he dies..." I muttered. What does that mean? Does he plan on dying? Not even holding on? I continued to watch the door. Just then, a doctor walked into the room and saw me staring at the door. "are you ok?" She asked. I suddenly looked at her in the eyes and asked "Is Elliot going to die?" Tears filled my eyes as i asked those words. She looked at me sincerely. "I don't know sweetie." She answered honestly. "How dont you know?" I felt myself get angry. I almost screamed at her.

How didn't she know? She is a doctor isn't she? I felt my rage get worse as i asked these questions. "You are a doctor are you not?" I glared. She just turned around and walked right out of the room. How did she not know?!

Stephan then walked into the room. "LEAVE!" I screamed. He looked at me. "What is wrong with you?" He asked. "Leave.." I said more calmly. He then left me, while giving me weird looks. When i was finally alone, I fell asleep.

When i awoke, My room was empty. I sighed in relief but then i realized that Elliot might be dead.

I got up and moaned in pain as my legs still were hurt from the crash. I grabbed the crutches that were set out for me in case if i ever needed to get up. I limped down the hallway and saw a name tag on a door that said " Elliot Taylor." on it.

I looked inside and saw only a maid cleaning up the bed. "Where is Elliot?" I asked, my eyes watering. "I dont know. I only clean the beds." She looked up and said to me. I than fell to the floor and started assuming the worst things possible.

He died. I know he died. Its okay Lila. You didn't know him for that long. I kept telling my self. NO! HE CANT DIE! Tears burst out of my eyes like a waterfall. I heard my crutches make a loud thump and i cried harder. I brought my knees up to my chest and laid my head in my knees. I cried and cried until i couldn't anymore.

Suddenly i heard a voice. It was a nurse. "Lila? Are you ok?"She asked. "Elliot's dead." I cried. She looked at me. "Oh. Hunnie. I am so sorry." She said as she picked me up and helped me back on my crutches. I limped back to my room but only it was more of a walk. My feelings were so numb from crying so much i couldn't feel a thing. I sat on my bed still. I didnt want to move. I couldn't move. I was hurt. I didn't say goodbye. The words goodbye echoed in my head.

"Goodbye.. Goodbye.." I love you. I thought. My mouth was too dry to say the words. So i thought it. My face was sticky with dried tears. An hour later, A doctor brought in some food. I didn't even look at the food. I stared straight ahead of me. "Lila. Food is here." She told me. I ignored her. How could no one care he died? He is dead. No one cares. "You need to eat" She continued. If he is dead. I can be too. I will starve myself.

Negative words swarmed around in my head. "They will force you to eat if you dont." She warned. Her warning didnt mean a thing. Force me. Do it. I want to be forced. She suddenly grabbed my face and forcefully opened my mouth. She than shoved a spoon full of potatoes in my mouth. She forcefully made me chew it. But she couldn't make me swallow. "Swallow." She demanded. I spit out the food on her shoes and continued to stare straight ahead. "You little brat!" She yelled.