Chapter 43

Tristan's View

        I honestly don't know where I am. I've been sleeping in allys and walking for nonstop. I don't know what my destination is, but it's somewhere far from this town. I love Vincent. I just can't do this anymore. Relationships are too much. I just can't make him happy. I think I broke him. I wish that I could just make Vincent and I's perfect but I can't. I constantly see couples giggling, holding hands, and kissing. But I always wonder, is their relationship perfect? Is anyone in that relationship cheating because they aren't satisfied with who they are dating? Everyone can put on fake smiles and lie to people who are stupid enough to believe their petty lies. Looks can be decieving. I don't get it though. Lexi and I were mostly happy. We always were happy in each other's presence, but I didn't love her the way I love Vincent. I love Vincent but can't be with him. I am a failure and am not worthy of being loved. Suddenly, my thoughts are inturrpted by my phone ringing. It's been ringing nonstop. All of the calls were from Vincent. My phone isn't dead because I sneak into people's house and charge it. I need it. Well, technically I don't need it... But I want it. It's like a comfort object, my safety blanket as some would refer it as.

Lila's View

       I was baking cookies when I heard a knock at the door. I was still in my pajamas even though it's 5:00pm. I'm not getting dressed today. I walk over to the door, licking the spoon that I used to stir the cookie dough batter. I open the door and to my surprise, I see Vincent. "Is Tristan here?" He asks. I shake my head and let him come inside. "Have you seen him at all lately?" He continues to ask questions. I once again shake my head, annoyed. He left, very fusterated on me not speaking. I honestly didn't want to talk. I was too busy licking the spoon. I then heard thumping coming from downstairs. It was Felicity. She smiled at me and took the spoon away from me, scrapping the remains of the cookie dough batter off of the bowl I stirred it in, considering the cookies were baking. I walk over to her and lick her cheek because she accidentally got cookie dough on her cheek. After I did that, she pushed me against the wall and started making out with me, her mouth tasting like cookie dough.