Chapter 3

When i woke up, there was a tube in my throat with food going down into it. They forced me to eat. That was rude. Just then my mom came in.

"They said when you wake up to get the tube out." She told me as she removed the tube. I reached for some water and drank it. "Sweetheart, your dad and i were talking, and we think it is time for you to move to Seattle and help your grandmother, Harper with her lung cancer at the hospital there. We think its time for you to take a brake from all of this. And because of that, they are releasing you from the hospital, since you will be staying at another one." She continued.

I looked at her. I get to leave? Are you freaking kidding me? To a town i dont even know anyone in? And i cant bring anyone with me? And whats with everyone having freaking cancer?! She is out of her mind. "You are leaving tomorrow. We already packed all your clothes and personal belongings that you can even have to stay at a hospital since that will basically be your new home." She informed me. I Stared at her speechless. She is making up my decisions for me now? Wow. "I am not going." I told her. She just looked at me. "Yes you are." She said as she left the room.

The next day, I woke up and i was in a car. My dad was in there with me. He was driving. "Finally you woke up. I was beginning to think you died." He said. I gave him a glare and i started crying. "Elliot died." I said in between my sobs. He looked at me "Who is Elliot?" He asked. I stopped crying and looked at him with my face all red. "How dont you know who Elliot is?" I glared. "He is my friend from the hospital. He had cancer." I told him. "Oh.." He said weirdly. "You obviously didn't know him long then so why are you sad?" He asked.

I immediately glared at him and ignored him for the rest of the trip. 3 hours later, we arrived in seattle. When we arrived at the hospital, i jumped out of the car and hugged the ground because we have been in the car for 12 hours. I wasn't happy to be away from home though. But then I saw someone that looked like Elliot.

I immediately ran up to him and poked him. It wasn't Elliot. "what is wrong with you child?" The guy asked and walked away. My dad came up to me with the suitcases and looked at me. "You don't know anyone in Seattle sweetheart." He told me. "Why did he call me a child?" I glared at my father. "Because your 16. He is probly 20. you're a child to him." He answered.

I frowned and followed my dad to my grandmas room. My grandma smiled when she saw me. "Lila!! You look so much older than you were before!" She smiled. "I was 6." I frowned. "How old are you now?" She asked. "16.." I answered. "OH! You don't look 16." She smiled. I stared at her. I have to stay with her? I looked at my dad and he had a fake smile on his face. He was annoyed. hmph. So im not the only one? Then take me away from her.

A few hours later, dad left and promised to see me every tuesday. I didn't like tuesdays. That was when Elliot died. I frowned when he said "Tuesday".

Tuesday was a terrible day. That was also the day i got into a crash. "Lila, Sweetheart, can you ask a nurse to get me some food?" My grandma asked. I sighed. I walked out the door and ran into someone. I fell down at the pressure. "HEY!" I yelled.

I looked up to see Elliot. I looked up at him in shock. He stared at me in shock. "I thought you were dead." I said, shocked. "Who told you that?" He asked. I noticed he was bald. "I assumed and no one corrected me." I answered.

He looked at me. He grabbed my hands and pulled me in for a hug. He was so cold. It scared me. He hugged me closely and tightly as if he thought i would disappear in his grip. I than kissed him on the lips. It shocked us both. I began to pull away but he pulled me back in and kissed me. "You are beautiful, did anyone tell you that?" He asked. "No." I told him. He smiled and grabbed my hand. "Why are you here?" he asked. "Im looking after my grandma." I told him. "Can i meet her?" He asked.

Just as he said that a nurse walked by us. "Nurse, can you get Harper Quinn some food?" I asked. "Yes sweetie." She told me. I smiled then opened my grandmas room and pulled Elliot inside. "Is he going to bring me food?" My grandma asked. I smiled. "No grandma.. he is my..." I paused. Is he my boyfriend? "Boyfriend." he finished for me. My grandma clapped. "His name is Elliot." I told her. She smiled and shook his hand. "Now where is my food?" Her face got serious. "its coming." I told her. Elliot smiled at my grandma. I looked at Elliot. "I am going to get dressed. I dont like being in my pajamas from the trip." I told him.

I then went into the bathroom and got changed into a off-white shirt and a pink, A-line pleated skirt with 3 buttons on it. I then pull white knee-high socks on and pink ballet shoes. I than left my hair down in a wavy curl and walked out of the bathroom. Elliot smiled "You look beautiful." He told me. I smiled and hugged him.

A few minutes later, Elliot left and a nurse brought Grandma her food. "I WANT JUICE!" Grandma screamed. "Grandma.." I said. "Get me juice child. Get it now." She demanded. I held my hand out for money and she gave me $10. "Do i have to walk?" I asked. "Of course. I am not rich you child." She answered. I sighed and left the room. As i walked out of the hospital there was this odd white truck with tinted windows. I started walking towards the grocery store. When i was almost there, the truck pulled up and i felt hands grab me and pull me in.