Chapter 15

Elliot's View

        Lila has been running through my mind for the last 2 days and I cannot stand it. She doesn't want to be with me. Does she think I'm a fool? I know I just got out of a relationship but Lila is so much better than Lacey and will always be! I just wish Lila still loved me. She used to.. But I think she gave up on me. I don't blame her if she did give up on me. I deserve it.

Lila's View

      I walk into the house and I see Elliot standing in the kitchen. "Hey." I say to him as I walk past him to go to the fridge. He looks at me and looks at the door. "Do you think I'm a fool?" He asks me, still looking at the door. I clear my throat and look at him all confused but he still doesn't look at me. "What makes you think that?" I ask him, trying to get his attention. "You have been acting weird around me ever since Lexi's funeral. You think of me differently. Do you still love me?" He asks, trying his hardest not to look at me. I grab him and face him towards me and make his face look at me. "I do still love you! Nothing has changed between us! You just don't get what I'm saying!" I tell him,trying not to raise my voice.

Lacey's View

       I look at my phone and see that Chrissy and I have been talking for over 4 hours. I didn't even notice that it started getting dark. She was so fascinating. Chrissy looks at her phone too and laughs. "I better get going. My little sister would be worried. She's at my mom's, home alone because my mom doesn't take care of her and I told her I would pick her up in an hour when I reached the park and it's way past an hour." She laughs again and stands up, getting all of her stuff. I smile at her and get up off the ground as well. "Could I have your number at least?" I ask her, smiling. "Here, put your number in my phone and I'll message you when I can." She tells me and gives me her phone. After I put my number in, I walk her to her car and she drives off.