Chapter 28

Emmie's View

         I text Elliot and he doesn't respond.. Maybe he didn't like me as much as i thought he did. I really like him. He seemed really sweet. But he was also super odd. It gave me chills. Maybe thats because I like him so much? But i cant like someone so much if i just met them. That's weird. He was super cute and his friend seemed nice too. His friend was super quiet. His friend also left in a huge hurry for some reason and left his phone. I hope Elliot gave it back. I'm sure he did. But I wonder if he gave me a fake number... He seemed like he liked me though! I slammed my fists on the table out of anger. He wants me! I know he does. I just have to find him. To make him realize that he likes me. He might love me. 

Elliot's View

         I wake up in the hospital and my face is unbelievably numb. Lila is standing above my bed. "Elliot! You are awake!" She smiles and hugs me. I try to talk but my mouth is too numb to have words come out and it feels like it is pulled shut. "You have stitches on the ends of your mouth because the ends of your mouth were cut open by the ring that Vincent was wearing and needed stitches." She informs me. I try to reach for my phone but she moves it away. That is a bad idea right now. You don't need any stress. But a girl named Emmie keeps messaging you and calling you." She says. I try to grab my phone from her hands but she pulls away. "No." She insists. I roll my eyes and really want to talk but stupid Vincent made it so I can't.

Lacey's View

       I go back to the house considering that there is nothing interesting going on at the hospital. I walk in and I see Lexi. She isn't alive. It's the ghost of her. She's allowing us to see her now. "Lexi!" I yell. "Lacey!" She yells back. Suddenly Tristan comes downstairs with Vincent. He stops in his tracks when he sees Lexi. Vincent looks so confused because she is kind of see-through and shes glowing, like ghosts do. "Lexi..? What are you doing here?" He asks. "Wait.. isn't that your ex? Like the dead one? The one who is nonexistent anymore?" Vincent asks, clearly freaked out. Lexi bursts out laughing. "Technically I am still existent. And yes i am his dead ex." She smiles. Tristan stands there speechless. "Well, I am vi--" Vincent tries to say but Lexi interrupts. "I know who you are. You are kinda like his current boyfriend. You guys are so cute. You are Vincent. The one who legit almost killed Elliot." Lexi says, looking proud of herself. "How long have you been watching us?" I ask. "Not that long." Lexi answers me and sits on the floor. Tristan is still speechless because he is staring at his dead ex who he didn't get to say goodbye to. The one who he tried so hard to keep alive but just couldnt. Lexi walks over to Tristan and slides her hand down his cheek, gently. Her hand touches his cheek so gracefully. Ghosts can touch humans. Just not for very long. Tristan backs away from her. "You left me." He says simply and walks back upstairs, refusing to look back at her. She just turns back around and comes to stand by me. Vincent follows Tristan upstairs and does not say a word.