Vol 4/Chapter 11: Jumping Three Ranks

"This is your evaluation this time. It seems I really scored you too low last time..."

Wozwal Hus sat back at his desk, thought carefully for a while, inputing my test results into my identity card.

"What rank now?"

I anxiously asked, feeling my strength slowly recovering after resting for a while. I hurriedly got up to pick up my identity card, looking at it again and again, simply unbelievable to my own eyes.

"No...can't be, really sixth rank? Did you score me wrongly?"

"I would never make such a basic mistake! Although in my eyes you just barely reached the sixth rank standard, no doubt you have sixth rank!"

Seeing how excited I was, he suddenly couldn't help but laugh.

"In any case, you forced me out of the arena. If this was a competition, then by the rules I have certainly lost. However, your swordsmanship is average and needs improvement. Your magic abilities are remarkably strong, leaving me in awe. This evaluation is completely fair."

"So I'm not third rank anymore?"

I held the card excitedly and asked. I couldn't resist giving the "Rank" column a kiss.

"Of course! Congratulations, from now on you are a high rank adventurer of the association. If I remember correctly, high rank adventurers can enjoy some privileges in the association. Go ask at the service counter!"

Wozwal Hus smiled and waved me out of the testing room. I left without another word.

"I heard a lot of noise inside just now. What were the results of your retest?"

As soon as I walked out the door, I saw Hayden waiting there. He asked me with concern.

"Huh? Weren't you off on a quest just now?"

I was a bit surprised to see him still here and asked.

"I already finished the quest and came back! I happened to see you go in for a while, so I waited for you to see the results. It was only five minutes or so."

He took the card and was also a bit surprised when he saw the rank.

"Sixth rank! So you jumped three ranks in one go?"

"I didn't expect it either. I thought reaching fourth rank would have been enough."

I said modestly.

"You can't look at it that way!"

Hayden shook his head and gave the identity card back to me.

"If it was only fourth rank it would still be too low. Don't forget you already have six wings! You should at least have the level of fifth and a half rank."

"You're right..."

After all, the abilities of eight-winged angels generally far exceeded the sixth rank. So for a six-winged angel, reaching six ranks was not actually that high of an evaluation.

"But at least the rank column is back to a normal number. Now my rank is higher than Nicola's."

At least I've got one up on her! I'm easily satisfied. I figured I could brag about this sixth rank evaluation for a while.

Naturally I wanted to do some quests to get a feel for it after getting the new rank! And being in the Adventurer's Association, I could accept quests after just walking a few steps.

Unfortunately Hayden had to leave for some other business, so we couldn't form a team together.

"Miss, your rank entitles you to special privileges in the Adventurer's Association. Please follow me to the room on this side!"