Vol 4/ Chapter 107: The Final Battle

"Actually, I didn't really hope he would end up as a cup. No matter what form, it would still be composed of light elements and possibly controlled by Beluto. So I had Judith slightly modify the array..."

Adrian sighed, glancing at the sky above, then nodded to Judith to signal she could begin.

"Instead of materializing into a tea cup, we'll use the absorbed light elements to enhance the array's power. This should force Beluto to 'manifest' physically!"

Ah, so it's a revamped version of the air compression array Reed used? I had personally witnessed the "disaster" caused by absorbing light elements back in Edenmere - how could I forget Reed's trick? The only difference is Reed used the absorbed light to aid in compressing hydrogen gas, while Judith is feedback looping it into the array. The principle is the same.

"Hehe, this is the unrestricted, super large-scale magic array!"

Judith seemed excited to be experimenting with this for the first time, pouring a small amount of mana into the array to activate.

"......"

But after waiting a while, it didn't seem to show any reaction.

Vivianne couldn't help questioning first.
"Can this really handle the God of Light? Has it started activating yet?"

"What if it fails?"
Mike also couldn't help doubting.

"Did I get the etchings wrong?"
Judith wasn't sure, about to check the etchings, but was stopped by Ron.

"There shouldn't be a problem, I can sense light elements flowing towards the array center..."

"That's right!"
I nodded in agreement. Ron and I were the only ones present who could sense light elements, so we naturally knew what was happening.

Free-roaming light elements are invisible and intangible to the naked eye, without even a breeze! Without the "reference object" of the teacup, no one could see any changes from the outside. But the magic array was indeed operating.

Of course, this situation didn't remain unchanged. As more and more light elements were absorbed, the array's attraction became increasingly outrageous. Soon, a faint white glow emerged from the array center, and the non-physical "Light Sanctuary" protecting us above began to distort and destabilize.

"Such powerful attraction force!"

I could clearly sense the flow speed of the attracted light elements. This trial space originally had an extremely high light element level, so the attraction speed increased almost exponentially. The white light in the array center grew brighter, completely dissolving the "Light Sanctuary" into the array as well.

"You despicable, shameless, cunning humans!"

Beluto, far in the sky, finally noticed the abnormality here. His huge face constantly showed distorted, struggling expressions, but he was powerless against the array. Even the barrage of light element attacks he unleashed on us was useless - everything got absorbed into the array center in one go, eventually causing a sharp increase in the attraction force.

It seems this gambit paid off! After all, most of the array materials were unrelated to light elements. And we were only facing a weakened God of Light with one-fourth of his original power. Moreover, even the original Beluto was supposedly incomplete, so he was truly helpless against us.

Of course, physical weapon attacks would still be effective - the array couldn't absorb materialized light element substances like my body. But those attacks could no longer pose a threat, all blocked by Mike's body, never managing to harm the target.