Vol 4/ Chapter 50 - The Guild in the Holy City

Our next destination was the Adventurer's Guild. As members, Nicola and I were naturally interested in visiting. After all, we had only been to the one in Norvale before.

Moreover, it was very inconvenient for Cyra to not have an official identity in the human world. We deeply felt this during our travel, so we had long planned for her to get an identity card too.

However, the sight before us was very disappointing.

"This place is too small, isn't it?"

We had thought that for the scale of the holy city Jethrobaines, the Adventurer's Guild building should be very grand. But when we arrived, it was much shabbier than we imagined.

"Let's go in and take a look!"

Nicola entered the guild hall first. This seemed to be a street-front commercial unit that had been renovated to serve as the guild hall. Because of the small space, only one counter was open, although there was also a quest board displayed with magic. But the board's size and number of quests were far less than the Adventurer's Guild in Norvale.

"Maybe it's because the church has a strong presence in the holy city of Jethrobaines. Everyone is so busy with religious affairs that they have no time for adventuring," Cyra guessed, looking around at the sparse crowd.

No wonder we couldn't directly teleport here. Under these conditions, if I was in charge of the Adventurer's Guild, I wouldn't prioritize setting up a teleportation array here either!

Since there was only one service window, despite the few people, we still had to queue up one by one. In this rundown guild space, there wasn't even a VIP room. It seemed the entire guild only had one staff member - the person behind the counter. Okay, maybe also including the person in the backyard responsible for ability assessments...

"But the lack of quests means not many people are seeking help from the Adventurer's Guild. Could it be that people here rarely face difficulties? That can't be right!"

Nicola looked carefully at the quest board and saw that among the few quests listed, there was actually a high-rank one, which immediately piqued her interest.

But the most important thing now was still to get Cyra registered as an adventurer. To be honest, I really regretted not thinking of registering Cyra when we were in Norvale. Now we had to come to this place with poor conditions, I didn't know if the location would have any effect. The upside was that with few people, we probably didn't need to spend too long time.

"When you saw that high-rank quest, what came to mind?" Nicola asked me during the waiting period, pointing at the quest board.

"A team had one member sneak into a phoenix's nest to steal eggs half a month ago. He was discovered and surrounded by two phoenixes, getting trapped on Mount Dona. The other team members couldn't do anything and had to go down the mountain for help..."

"Steal phoenix eggs? It's been so long, the person is probably long dead by now. Why is this quest still listed? It seems meaningless!" I said puzzledly. I vaguely remembered when we first arrived in Norvale, Brennan kept insisting on going to steal phoenix eggs, but was firmly rejected by Adrian and Vivianne.

Speaking of which, could it be that he snuck off to do it?

But that didn't seem right either! I shook my head, immediately dismissing the idea.

Last month, although we didn't actually see Brennan, we heard from Adrian and the others that this guy had been participating in the war against monsters in Astralrealm's army. He couldn't possibly have had time to go to Mount Dona Range.