Vol 4/ Chapter 101: Trial Space

"Help?"

Sitting across from me, Adrian looked confused when he saw my action, not knowing what it meant at first. But he had also worn that virtual headset before, so he quickly made the connection and his expression changed instantly.

"Could you be referring to..."

However, things were a bit different from what I had imagined. The summoning voice went out for a long time, but there was no response from the surroundings, just dead silence.

"Could it be wrong? How's that possible!"

Adrian gave me a puzzled look. In his eyes, this was still the real world, completely different from the virtual world in the headset. How could a guide like the one in the headset appear here?

"Not necessarily..."

I shook my head stubbornly, not giving up, and decided to try again. So I changed my phrasing.

"Help!"
"Assist!"
"Guide!"
"Customer service!"
"Little Honey!"
"Assistant!"

At that moment, a little girl with the exact same appearance as the one in the headset appeared before us. With the same "professional" smile, she bowed politely to me and asked:

"Greetings, Trial Participant Gisphrael! 'Dona' War Research Institute Special Assistant No. 5 is pleased to serve you. How may I assist you? Since I cannot currently connect to the Main Zero or the Central City Data Storage, you can only use the local basic Q&A mode."

It really came out! When the first summon failed, I thought maybe I had guessed wrong. But in the end, my efforts paid off!

But what was that Gisphrael thing? As for Adrian, he stared at the virtual figure in front of him, his mouth agape for a long time, unable to say a word.

"How did you know?"

It wasn't that Adrian's brain was slower than mine. The main reason was that he hadn't seen as many related TV shows and novels, so it wasn't strange that he lacked this cognitive awareness.

"Hold on!"

At this critical juncture, I didn't have time to give too many explanations. I forcibly gestured for him to be quiet. Then I took a deep breath and asked in as clear a tone as possible:

"What is this place?"

"This is the 'Dona' War Research Institute under the Central *****Intelligence****, located specifically in the belly of the Sulid*** Mountain."

For some reason, compared to the virtual image in the headset, Special Assistant No. 5's figure looked very unstable, flickering on and off intermittently. Her voice in responding also became intermittent.

"And the world we're in now, what world is this?"

Adrian frowned slightly, as her words didn't clear up much of the confusion, so he probed further.

"This world is the third ***Model Trial Space separated and copied from the real world according to the 'Xuthus Project'."

The intelligence level was about the same as before. Probably due to the lack of that "Main Zero" and data storage, it could only answer our questions based on what we asked, without giving any additional explanations. But even so, her answer left us stunned for quite a while.

"How do we get out of this...model trial space?"

Putting other things aside for now, I went straight to the main topic - this was what Adrian and I cared about the most.