Vol 4/ Chapter 27: Setting Off

"I'm sorry, the teleportation array is out. We can't get to a place like the Holy City," the attendant said resignedly.

I could only apologize to Cyra and Nicola after boasting to them earlier. I didn't expect this at all and ended up losing face.

"Excuse me, can we get free refills on the snacks and drinks here..." Cyra didn't seem to care what I said at all. She had already stuffed herself with all the fruits and pastries in the VIP lounge and shamelessly asked for more drinks.

Didn't she just have lunch? How could this angel eat more than a human?

"This VIP lounge looks pretty nice..." On the other hand, Nicola was more concerned with the comfort. She kept looking around at the luxurious decor and nodded in satisfaction.

"When my three month re-evaluation period is up, I'll have to get 6th tier access and enjoy this for myself. It shouldn't be too long now, right?"

"Hey...are you two listening to me?" I felt my expression go sour. Were these two ignoring me on purpose?

"What's the big deal if we can't use the teleportation array? We can just fly there ourselves, what's there to worry about?" Cyra responded nonchalantly. At that moment, the attendant brought over new snacks. Cyra immediately started rummaging for her favorite treats.

"If you want to go to the Holy City, our Association does have many other transportation options available," the attendant said after seeing our membership cards. She knew we were angels and didn't react strangely at all, instead recommending options diligently.

"Oh? Tell us what other transportation is available then," Nicola seemed interested upon hearing this.

"If flying is too tiring, you could take our Association's scenic cruise airship line, specifically for sightseeing. It can take you along the eastern Astralrealm kingdom, enjoying mountain and snowy scenery, with the final destination being the Holy City itself!"

As she spoke, the attendant professionally took out a brochure-sized booklet and handed it over. It detailed the airship's route, stops along the way, cabin prices, free and paid dining/entertainment, and more.

"Seems kind of like a cruise ship on Earth..." Nicola murmured as she eyed the menu.

"Is that so? I've never been on a cruise, so you can use it for reference," I casually glanced over it as well. But then I noticed an issue.

"Looks like I'd be the only one getting free passage, right? The two of them wouldn't be included?"

"That's right! As a 6th tier member, you alone could get a free first class cabin ticket, but the other two would need to pay 30,000 silver each to board!"

"30,000?!" Cyra looked up sharply, suddenly finding the snacks in her mouth not so tasty anymore.

"Price gouging? Who can afford tickets at that price?"

After all, the three of us combined had less than 100,000 silver total. Spending 60,000 just for an airship ride really wasn't worth it.

"Um, would you like to consider the mid-tier cabins instead? The balcony rooms are only about 10,000 silver..." The attendant looked awkward and quickly suggested an alternative.

"Forget the airship!" Nicola closed the brochure and handed it back to the attendant, then turned to explain to us.

"There must be reasons for such high prices, and it's first class after all, so the draw is definitely the high-end services too - a luxurious experience. But unfortunately, this route just doesn't suit us..."